Stripped by Brian Freeman

Stripped (2006)

by Brian Freeman

277None40,564 (3.71)6

English (11)  Spanish (1)  All languages (12)
#2 in the series. Stride and Serena in Las Vegas where she hails from.. They decide to return to Duluth. Great characters., story unfolds nicely, some great scenes especially with Serena and Clare. A bit long with a 2nd climax ala Nesbo. An improbable scene where Mafioso Boni shoots the Governor in the knee to force his retirement from office. A fun read. So many characters it feels like an ensemble cast ( )
  maneekuhi | Mar 5, 2012 |
This was a great mystery! Not one you can guess! In this case it really did help to read the first book in the series, Immoral, as there was a fair amount of references to it. The story line was thought out and well written. I slight it the 5th star because there was a lot of sex although nicely entwined into the story making it necessary I did feel some could have easily been left out. Whoever said ,"just when you think you know howt things will pan out there's another twist" was right! I love this series and can't wait to read booi #3 STALKED! Brian Freeman is our next Harlan Coben... look out! ( )
  shannon4462 | May 28, 2011 |
Letto in lingua originale che, senza nulla togliere alla traqduzione di Alfredo Colitto, rende molto meglio, specie trattandosi di Las Vegas , casino' e slang locale.
Tornano Stride e Serena,cui si aggiungono i rispettivi compagni di squadra Amanda e Cordy, la storia e'piuttosto intricata, tra boss semimafiosi, malavita e vizi della citta' di Las Vegas....senza qualche rimpianto da parte di Stride del suo "freddo " Minnesota.
Nel complesso l' ho trovato fin troppo articolato, tra ricordi e colpi di scena continui, a mio avviso a volte prevedibili.Naturalmente il terzo e il quarto di Freeman sono li' ad attendermi, ma con una pausa in mezzo ^____^ ( )
  virginiawoolf666 | Jan 9, 2011 |
This is the first Brian Freeman book I have read. It was given to me as a gift and the person did not know there was a previous book in the series. I was impressed that I could read this book and not be confused about who the characters were since I had not read the first book.

I liked the twists and turns in the story and I loved the character Jonathan Stride. This book had me guessing all the way to the last pages and the mystery continued throughout the book. The story moved quickly and made it hard to put the book down. I found myself up till midnight to finish the book.

My only disappointment was the graphic nature of some of the scenes. It was not necessary to the story and it actually made me uncomfortable at some spots. In my opinion, that is not needed to write an excellent story. This book would have been an excellent story if the graphic nature of some of the scenes had not been so intense. If Mr. Freeman's books are just as graphic, then I know these are not the books for me...and that disappoints me because I enjoyed the suspense and mystery his writing. ( )
  damejennylynn | Apr 19, 2010 |
Book 2 in Freeman's detective saga featuring Minnesota native Jonathan Stride. His big case in the last book, Immoral, was solved with the help of a Las Vegas detective who falls into his life just as his rebound marriage hits the skids. Now Stride is in Vegas, low-man on the totem pole, but ends up on a case that rocks the most powerful men in the city and state. A serial killer is on the loose, and clues point back to the murder of a popular show girl 40 years earlier. While the clues speak volumes, those who were involved 40 years earlier aren't exactly inclined to talk, handicapping the investigation all the more.

Freeman drums up a strong cast of characters including a heavy-handed mogul, his lesbian daughter, his monster of an enforcer, a Hollywood prodigy living in exile, and even some former dancers who are now grandmothers. Just as you think you know how things are going to pan out, there's a twist, more clever but less shocking than the ending of Immoral. It seems the venue is going back to Minnesota for book 3 in the series. ( )
  JeffV | Oct 15, 2009 |
"Moeten misdaden beslist worden gestraft
door andere misdaden, en grotere misdadigers?"

- byron
For Connie, Thanks for being my special Dutch friend!
Voor Marcia
Ze liet de ochtendjas van haar schouders glijden, en de witte zijde plooide zich tot een harmonica aan haar voeten.

In this stunning follow-up to Brian Freeman's remarkable debut novel, Immoral, Detective Jonathan Stride discovers that there are only two ways to go in Las Vegas.  You can hit the jackpot.  Or you can get Stripped...

They looked like isolated cases: a hit-and-run and a celebrity murdered during a fling with a prostitute.  No one could ever imagine they'd be linked to a brutal crime in Las Vegas's steamy past--and that the race against the clock to corner a determined serial killer would stir up secrets long thought buried with the dead.  As detectives Jonathan Stride and Serena Dial are called separately to investigate, they have no idea what they're stepping into: a world where desperate ambition rules and loyalties know no bounds, and where their own uncharted emotions and sexual desires will reach an explosive conclusion.
Shocking, twisted, with edge-of-your-seat suspense, Stripped pushes the limits of its heroes and keeps the reader turning ever page until the last plot twist.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:18:54 -0400)

Jonathan Stride and Serena Dial discover that two seemingly unrelated cases--a hit-and-run "accident" and a celebrity killed during a fling with a prostitute--have a bizarre connection to a brutal crime from Las Vegas's shady past.

Brian Freeman is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,492,801 books! | Top bar: Always visible