Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World: 75…

Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World: 75 Dairy-Free Recipes for Cupcakes… (2006)

by Isa Chandra Moskowitz, Terry Hope Romero

6562014,665 (4.6)11

English (19)  French (1)  All (20)
Although I haven't tried any of the recipes yet (yet being the key word), I'll be copying at least half of them, and if I love them, I'll be adding this to one of the recipe books I'd love to own. What more do I really need to say besides: this is a book full of vegan cupcakes?

Sarah M. / Marathon County Public Library
Find this book in our library catalog.

mcpl.wausau | Sep 25, 2017 |
Best chocolate cupcakes we've ever made. The chocolate buttercream frosting was fantastic. ( )
  crule627 | Apr 16, 2015 |
This cookbook offers very basic tips and problem-shooting advice. It explains what the basic ingredients do in the cupcake recipes. There are recipes for basic vanilla and chocolate cupcakes, basic "buttercream" frosting, plus recipes for a gluten-free cupcake, low-sugar cupcake, and fancy cupcakes like pineapple right-side-up and rosewater with pistachios or filled cupcakes.

Following the recipes, almost all of these cupcakes have turned out deliciously. My only complaint is that most recipes call for soy milk, which I don't like to use, so I have to adjust and use rice milk with apple cider vinegar (which is suggested in the book). The one cupcake recipe I have followed and have not been fond of has been the one for the basic vanilla cupcake! Go figure. The texture has always turned out too dense for me. It also tasted off and too sweet. (I wonder if my rice milk substitution is the problem.) Every other recipe has yielded perfect cupcakes.

While one can obviously adjust the amounts of ingredients, as followed the recipes yield one dozen cupcakes, which is much more reasonable than two or three dozen like most recipes yield. I even like to make just a half batch of only six cupcakes at once.

Overall, this is an excellent baking book with tasty recipes and useful tips and pretty pictures. ( )
  StephanieNicole | Mar 6, 2013 |
This amazing little book will make your life so sweet - easy, quick and above all scrumptious traditional and creative cupcakes that everyone will love.
  misstacular | May 16, 2012 |
Excellent book. Ms. St John at Fulmore recommended this book to me. ( )
  coffeeandtea | Dec 18, 2010 |

Isa Chandra Moskowitzprimary authorall editionscalculated
Romero, Terry Hopemain authorall editionsconfirmed
Bea Arthur
Tegan and Sara
My Grandma was a punk chef.
Who would think that something as simple and unassuming as a cupcake would bring about a revolution?

The hosts of the vegan cooking show The Post Punk Kitchen are back with a vengeance and this time, dessert. A companion volume to Vegan with a Vengeance, Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World is a sweet and sassy guide to baking everyone's favorite treat without using any animal products. This unique cookbook contains over 50 recipes for cupcakes and frostings some innovative, some classics with beautiful full color photographs. Isa and Terry offer delicious, cheap, dairy-free, egg-free and vegan-friendly recipes like Classic Vanilla Cupcakes (with chocolate frosting), Crimson Velveteen Cupcakes (red velvet with creamy white frosting), Linzer Torte Cupcakes (hazelnut with raspberry and chocolate ganache), Chai Latte Cupcakes (with powdered sugar) and Banana Split Cupcakes (banana-chocolate chip-pineapple with fluffy frosting). Included also are gluten-free recipes, decorating tips, baking guidelines, vegan shopping advice, and Isa's true cupcake anecdotes from the trenches. When Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, no dessert lover can resist.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,648,149 books! | Top bar: Always visible