The wicked the divine. Vol. 3, Commercial…

The wicked the divine. Vol. 3, Commercial suicide (edition 2016)

by Kieron Gillen, Kate Brown (Artist.), Tula Lotay (Artist.), Jamie Mckelvie (Artist.), Stephanie Hans (Artist.)2 more, Leila Del Duca (Artist.), Brandon Graham (Artist.)

3672044,696 (3.79)4
Member:monarchi
Title:The wicked the divine. Vol. 3, Commercial suicide
Authors:Kieron Gillen
Other authors:Kate Brown (Artist.), Tula Lotay (Artist.), Jamie Mckelvie (Artist.), Stephanie Hans (Artist.), Leila Del Duca (Artist.)1 more, Brandon Graham (Artist.)
Info:Berkeley, CA : Image Comics, Inc., [2016]
Collections:Comic Books

The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 3: Commercial Suicide by Kieron Gillen

Lending

Checked out 2016-10-11

English (19)  Swedish (1)  All languages (20)
Oh, man, this is so good. SO GOOD. Cannot wait for new issues to start coming out. ( )
  jeninmotion | Sep 24, 2018 |
I found this way easier to follow than the last volume. I know a lot of folks complained about the different art styles but that's comics, folks, and I liked some of them--it was very cool to see the different takes on the characters. The plot is really starting to coalesce in these issues in a way that maintains the mystery and also made me feel not as totally "wtf" about it all. Really looking forward to getting my hands on the next volume! ( )
  aijmiller | Aug 17, 2018 |
The series loses momentum as a group of guest artists come in to help tell a bunch of stories that flesh out the lives of the surviving gods. They are fine stories, but I'm still left treading water while I wait for the regular artist to return for the real action next volume. ( )
  villemezbrown | Jul 28, 2018 |
Continuing my read through of [b: The Wicked The Divine|24666002|The Wicked The Divine, Vol. 2 Fandemonium|Kieron Gillen|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1435757838s/24666002.jpg|44281240]...

The third volume suffers from having a variety of guest artists come in, all of varying quality. One of the reasons I like this series so much is due to the high quality of the artwork, so seeing different styles was a bit jarring, especially when they didn't seem to wholly fit the aesthetic of the character in question. In some instances, however, the guest artist was a bit of a boon - especially during the Woden remixed sequence in this volume.

It's difficult to comment on this issue without giving anything away. Suffice to say that we learn more about Baphomet and his origins in this pantheon, which is interesting given the gods rather recent appearance in human history. Further, we learn more about Tara, Woden, and Ananke. Following the previous issue there is a great cliffhanger at the end. My love of Dionysus continues, and the extra content at the back of this volume is actually quite interesting.

The series is still good, although I can understand why some jumped ship at this volume. I'm happy to stay with it and see where things go, still thinking this has good potential. ( )
  Lepophagus | Jun 14, 2018 |
Ha! I actually liked this one better than the others! I guess it is my fondness for single issues. I liked that it followed a character and their backstory for an issue, and I liked the different art styles. Yes! Even the one that like, everyone is saying is ugly. I loved it! Hey guy, if you are reading this, I loved it! Another thing is that I never thought this series was that great to begin with. It's high concept, which... is not a compliment. ( )
  Joanna.Oyzon | Apr 17, 2018 |

Gillen, Kieronprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brown, KateIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Del Duca, LeilaIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Graham, BrandonIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hans, StephanieIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Mckelvie, JamieIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

"After the detonation of Fandemonium, the gods-as-pop-stars of The wicked + the divine try living in the long dark shadow. Team WicDiv [is] joined by a stellar cast of guest artists to put the spotlight [on] each of the gods"--Amazon.com.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,715,885 books! | Top bar: Always visible