Unruly: Knights in Black Leather by Ronnie…

Unruly: Knights in Black Leather

by Ronnie Douglas

1341,057,490 (3.5)None

Ok this one was SOO much better than book 1. I liked Ellie from the first book so that helped and Alamo...whew he is a HUNK. I loved every second of his page time and the way he treated Ellie and called her darlin. They had fantastic chemistry and I loved it. My only complaint was the ending. It seemed sort of rushed into like a few pages. I would have loved a little more foreshadowing of that throuhgh out. ( )
  rosetyper9 | Dec 1, 2018 |
For a Motorcycle Club Romance this book didn't actually have lots of sex and action scenes (only a little bit of each) but I still actually really liked the story. The characters were all great (obviously Noah is a ass but he was still good) since the book focuses on Ellen and Alamo they were fleshed out the most but the other characters weren't lacking in personality. This is the first book I have read by this author and I really liked the writing style. I didn't read the first book in the series but since I liked this book I intend to get the first one. :)

Disclaimer: I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads. The opinions I expressed are entirely my own. ( )
  SweetLiar | May 5, 2016 |
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: A sexy romance that sadly had way too much drama and an annoying MC. I really enjoyed the first book in the series, but this one was a struggle for me!

Opening Sentence: Alamo stood in the middle of a sea of boxes that filled his new house.

The Review:

Ellen has spent years waiting for Noah Dash to wake up and admit that he wants more than a causal relationship. But Ellen is finally done waiting and she realizes that it is time to move on. She deserves to be happy and she won’t find that with Noah. When Alamo, a new member of the Southern Wolves moves into town, Ellen is taken aback with how attractive she finds him. What better way is there to move on than to get together with a sexy man that drives a Harley! There’s just one problem, Alamo seems to be avoiding Ellen at all costs and she can’t understand why.

Alamo moved to North Carolina because he had some problems back home that he had to get away from. He has quite a temper and it got the better of him recently. To let things blow over he moved and has decided to start over. He wants to keep his life simple and drama free. That means no fighting, and no complicated relationships. But when he meets Ellen he knows that he’s in trouble. He has never met a girl like her before, but she is off limits. Another soon to be club member has staked a claim and if Alamo wants his new situation to work he can’t rock the boat by going for someone else’s girl.

Ellen is a very head strong and blunt girl. I found myself struggling to connect with her. There were things I loved about her like how independent she is and how she had such a big heart. But I hated how she would just keep pushing her problems away instead of facing them. I felt like she was really inconsistent and she caused way too much unnecessary drama. Ultimately, I just felt a huge disconnect with her and ended up not really liking her as a character.

Alamo is a sexy man that was very easy to like. He was sweet, protective, hot tempered and just all around sexy! I loved the relationship he had with his sister, it was totally endearing and made me love him so much more. I did get a little annoyed with how long he ignored Ellen, but due to the circumstances it was understandable why he did it. Overall, I really liked Alamo but sadly he was the only redeemable thing in the story.

Unruly was a sexy story that had way too much drama and didn’t really have much of a plot. I have found recently that there have been a lot of new adult stories that feel like they are on repeat and this one definitely felt that way. It started out good but about half way through the book I was so irritated I almost didn’t finish it. I felt like nothing happened for about 75% of the book and then all of the sudden it’s like a bomb explodes. There is all the stuff thrown out and it felt rushed and inconsistent with the rest of the story. Sadly, this book was a mess and I can’t say I would recommend it, but I did really enjoy the first book in the series. If there is more to come from this series I may consider giving it another chance, but I have a hunch who the next book will feature. If I’m right I probably won’t pick it up because I’m really not a fan of the guy. If the book sounds good to you and you don’t mind tons of unnecessary drama, go ahead and give it a try. Hopefully you have better luck with it.

Notable Scene:

I folded my arms over my chest and said, “I dropped one of the lug nuts.”

“Was that before or after you thought changing your flat tire while naked was a good idea?” He pointedly didn’t look anywhere but my face.

“I’m not naked.” Any lingering fear I had gave way to a touch of embarrassment and anger. He was in his usual jeans, T-shirt, and jacket. I had a handgun, a pair of boots, and not much else.

FTC Advisory: William Morrow/HarperCollins provided me with a copy of Unruly. No goody bags, sponsorships, “material connections,” or bribes were exchanged for my review. ( )
  DarkFaerieTales | Mar 22, 2016 |
This is the second book in this series. It can be read as a stand alone novel even with some mention of a prior event from the first book and past character names. It is from the first book that I was first introduced to Ellen. She showed tons of personality. So I was looking forward to getting to know her better with her own story. Although, I did not love this book as much as the first one.

For me, I did like Ellen but I found some of her bright personality to not come across as strongly as in the first book. In the first one she was in your face and the type of person that you would want to bring with you to all parties. As I said I did not experience this as much in this book. Also, the chemistry between her and Alamo was alright. The heat between them was slower. However, some of this might have had to do with her past relationship. Yet, I am enjoying this series and can't wait to read the next book and meet more of the sexy men of the Southern Wolves. ( )
  Cherylk | Feb 20, 2016 |

"Nothing's sexier than breaking all the rules. When the daughter of one of the Southern Wolves gets a flat in the middle of a thunderstorm, there's only one thing to do strip down to her underwear and get a little muddy. But when Alamo, the sexy biker shows up to rescue Ellen yet again, things are bound to get a whole lot dirtier. Between the trouble he left behind and club rules, Alamo knows he needs to stay clear of Ellen. He's not looking for a woman or complications even when that woman is everything a man could want. Unfortunately, Ellen isn't playing by anyone's rules but her own these days, and a Southern woman who's been raised by Wolves is awfully hard to deny. So when they give in to their raging attraction, both get much more than they bargained for"--… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Ronnie Douglas's book Unruly was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Melissa Marr is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,827,742 books! | Top bar: Always visible