Paper Girls Volume 1 by Brian K Vaughan

Paper Girls Volume 1 (edition 2016)

by Brian K Vaughan (Author), Cliff Chiang (Artist), Jared K. Fletcher (Artist), Matthew Wilson (Artist)

Member:bazling
Title:Paper Girls Volume 1
Authors:Brian K Vaughan (Author)
Other authors:Cliff Chiang (Artist), Jared K. Fletcher (Artist), Matthew Wilson (Artist)
Info:Image Comics (2016), 144 pages
Tags:graphic novel, science fiction

Paper Girls Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan (Writer)

Recently added byBb5, private library, Larou, honorpj, AmyDaniels, shaunesay, rntfirmo, calibrary1, leahdawn

2016 seems to have been the year for us to get a mini-wave of nostalgia for 1980s-era young adult horror pieces, with the release of both Stranger Things (set in 1983) and Paper Girls (set in 1988). Both properties feature casts of preteens and seem to draw upon 1980s movies like E.T., Stand by Me, and The Goonies for inspiration, with stories that are intended to be frightening, but are intended to be frightening in a manner that is familiar and almost comfortable. Unlike

[More forthcoming] ( )
  StormRaven | Jun 26, 2017 |
Interesting graphic novel centered on four twelve-year-old paper girls delivering papers and a wee apocalypse initiated by adults from the future who love Apple and are in a war with the teenagers. This is issues 1-5 of the series so no clue how things sort themselves out. A little far fetched, but paced well and Cliff Chiang's art is great. ( )
  Jamichuk | May 22, 2017 |
I've seen this graphic novel pop up time and again but I didn't have the faintest clue what it was about. A teenage gang? Dystopian babes? Angry moms? It's really about a bunch of teen girls (under 15) who have paper routes and when something mysterious happens they band together to figure out what in the hell is going on. Long story short - aliens! alternative timelines! futuristic mumbo jumbo! It's all fun and games until one of the four paper girls (KJ) is taken away in a space ship after she's accidentally been shot. It's funny, unique, and wonderfully illustrated. My only beef is that they look waaay older then they actually are. ( )
  ecataldi | May 2, 2017 |
I expected this to be a lot more subtle like Stranger Things or Lost. Maybe that was my problem since those are TV shows and this is a graphic novel. I got it for my daughter who isn't a huge sci-fi fan but, did love Stranger Things. Think I'm going to skip giving it to her because I'm looking for something we can read together.

I've really enjoyed Saga, Volume 1 (which I'm current on) and Y: The Last Man, Vol. 1: Unmanned (which I read all of), but this one fell a little flat for me. or maybe it's just too much of a good thing.

So I would say not terrible, but not his best work. ( )
  ragwaine | Dec 20, 2016 |

Vaughan, Brian K.Writerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Chiang, CliffArtistmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Fletcher, Jared K.Letterssecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wilson, MattColorssecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
This volume collects the comics #1-5.

From BRIAN K. VAUGHAN, #1 New York Times bestselling writer of SAGA and THE PRIVATE EYE, and CLIFF CHIANG, legendary artist of Wonder Woman, comes the first volume of an all-new ongoing adventure. In the early hours after Halloween of 1988, four 12-year-old newspaper delivery girls uncover the most important story of all time. Suburban drama and otherworldly mysteries collide in this smash-hit series about nostalgia, first jobs, and the last days of childhood. Collects PAPER GIRLS #1-5

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,146,257 books! | Top bar: Always visible