The Stranger by Camilla Lackberg

The Stranger (2006)

by Camilla Lackberg

Series: Erica Falck & Patrik Hedström (4)

Recently added bygabrifoglia, private library, PhilippeMARECHAL, vuurziel, lmnopqr, Tisyy, Elleneer, bunnygirl, moon_244

English (25)  Dutch (6)  Spanish (5)  Swedish (4)  Danish (3)  French (3)  German (2)  Catalan (1)  All (49)
#3 in her Patrick Hedstrom series. Why Lackberg chose to take the intelligent, independent thoughtful writer who was the lead character in her first book and turn her into a whiny, bored stay-at-home mom taking a backseat to her policeman husband is beyond me. A dynamic duo when she researches background on his crimes, they are a predictable couple when she is playing couch potato or nursemaid to her younger sister and her two kids. In this outing A woman is killed in a car crash caused by her presumed DUI. Evidence show that she never drank, and the level of alcohol in her blood, added to the tape marks around her mouth, indicate murder. Patrick unearths similar crimes in the region and he soon is following a serial killer. Backstory has Erica planning her wedding to Patrick with the help of the sister , miraculously recovered from her depression with the help of a handsome, divorced friend of Erica. Soap opera mystery. Entertaining, but it could be so much better. ( )
  lmnopqr | Aug 6, 2017 |
Started off slow and not particularly well-written for Lackberg. Picked up about 1/2 way through and became a good page turner at the end. Mellburg outcome was very predictable. Didn't care for the 'oh this ties all the murders together' without telling the reader what it is until pages later. OK to do that once, but it happened repeatedly. ( )
  skraft001 | May 25, 2017 |
Update: I have no idea what happened here. I started this book and originally DNFd it. See my original review below. Once I did that I couldn't stop thinking about the storyline. So, I picked it up again. Once I did that I couldn't stop reading it! And once again, this story, just like all the others is intricately woven with clues that just slowly pull you right through.

DNF - I'm shocked to not finish this but I am just not vested in the characters or the story for some reason. This is my fifth book in this series and I have loved all of them and Camilla Lackberg is definitely one of my favorite authors but for some reason this one is really letting me down. So, giving up on this one, but will move on to the next one soon. ( )
  Kathl33n | Feb 12, 2017 |
very good read, keeps you in suspense until the very end. ( )
  petrichor8 | Jun 6, 2016 |
The characters are well developed and interesting. Although I had guessed who was responsible for the first murders I was intrigued to follow the police work and see the mystery unfold from the beginning. ( )
  nljacobs | Jan 19, 2016 |

Camilla Lackbergprimary authorall editionscalculated
Cangemi, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Heijden, Elina van derTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Jongeneel, WivecaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
À Wille et Meja
What he remembered most, was her perfume.
This title was originally published as 'The Gallows Bird' in the UK but has since been re-issued with the title 'The Stranger'

The new psychological thriller from No 1 bestselling Swedish crime sensation Camilla Lackberg. A woman is found dead, apparently the victim of a tragic car crash. It's the first in a spate of seemingly inexplicable accidents in Tanumshede and marks the end of a quiet winter for detective Patrik Hedstrom and his colleagues. At the same time a reality TV show is being shot in the town. As cameras shadow the stars' every move, relations with the locals are strained to breaking point. When a drunken party ends with a particularly unpopular contestant's murder, the cast and crew are obvious suspects. Could there be a killer in their midst? As the country tunes in, the bodies mount up. Under the intense glare of the media spotlight, Patrik faces his toughest investigation yet!… (more)

HighBridge Audio

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge Audio.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,017,803 books! | Top bar: Always visible