Someone to Watch Over Me by Teresa Hill

Someone to Watch Over Me

by Teresa Hill

A rather straightforward romance novel, with a touch of Christian fiction thrown in. The story follows Jackson, whose mother has just passed away, and who is having a surprisingly hard time coping, and Gwen, who is enjoying her anonymity in his small-town while recovering from a sexual assault. Oh, yes, and Romeo, the rouge of a dog that Jackson's mother leaves him, who has the ability to attract women and flirt even better than his owner. T

The plot, like those of most romance novels, is hardly full of surprises, but, nonetheless, comprises a fairly pleasant journey. The Christian elements are not too overbearing, but weave a subtle thread throughout the text. However, as I picked this up rather randomly in a box of giveaway books, and apparently wasn't paying much attention, I should own up to the fact that I rarely read romance, and never read Christian fiction, so the novel was not to my tastes. However, it was compelling enough that, once I discovered both things to be the case, I was still interested enough to see it through 'til the end. ( )
  C.Vick | Oct 27, 2007 |
Two people died in the week before I was supposed to turn in this book, and I want to dedicate it to both of them.
My friend and carpool buddy of four years, Laura Morrison, who fought bravely for five years against breast cancer. She would have endured anything to be here to raise her two children, whom she loved completely and of whom she was so proud. I miss you, Laura. It's so odd to be in a world without you.
And ten-year old Jessica Harris, who played on my Daughter and Laura's daughter's soccer team, whose death is one of those things I will never understand. Soccer season is starting again, Jessica. We miss you, too.
William Jackson Cassidy had escorted this particular reprobate before, and it never failed.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373785828, Mass Market Paperback)

His mother's death left cop Jax Cassidy to settle her estate, watch over three younger sisters--and contend with one very spoiled dog. It all seemed to be working, too, until the aptly named Romeo began sniffing around Jax's love life. The dog had to go.

Jax found the perfect new owner--florist Gwen Moss, who was fighting to get over some soul-deep heartache of her own. Touched unexpectedly by Gwen's courage, faith and love, Jax embarked on a road to self-discovery where he might finally learn what's truly important in life.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:07 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,058,943 books! | Top bar: Always visible