Alone in the Dark by Elaine Coffman

Alone in the Dark

by Elaine Coffman

Liked it a lot ( )
  mausi21 | Mar 31, 2013 |
Well, this is the first Coffman book I've read and it will be absolutely be the last. I can't stress enough how bad it is.

Badly plotted -- the clues were dropped like anvils.
(I wanted to be sure they weren't red herrings, so when I gave up halfway through the book I checked before I threw it away. Yep. "Clues.")

Badly written -- fiction isn't expository writing. USE A CONTRACTION ONCE IN A WHILE! The writing was so stilted it was almost unreadable. Especially when it came to conversations. Who says "when one finds one's self in a hole, one should stop digging?" No one. (I don't remember if this was the expression, but numerous times in places where a real person would say "you", her characters said "one.")

Whatever you do, don't waste your money on this book. ( )
  adeptmagic | Oct 1, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743475798, Mass Market Paperback)

When her dying father confesses that he is not her biological father -- and that he has a twin -- Washington, D.C., morning news anchor Ellery O'Brien is desperate for answers. Plagued by a recurring nightmare in which a blood-covered woman who has been stabbed repeatedly by a killer, staggers down the staircase of a beautiful old house, Ellery travels to her late mother's hometown -- Agarita Springs, Texas -- not realizing until she arrives that she has rented the very house she sees in her dreams. No one in town wants to dig up the past, but rancher Clint Littleton begins to help Ellery and white-hot attraction sparks between them. The nightmares, however, persist. And each time, before Ellery awakes, she sees an increasingly terrifying image: just a little more of the killer's face. . .

New York Times bestselling author Elaine Coffman switches gears with pulse-pounding results in her first novel of heart-stopping romantic suspense.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:17 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,021,722 books! | Top bar: Always visible