Doctor Who: Death Riders by Justin Richards

Doctor Who: Death Riders

by Justin Richards

The Eleventh Doctor, Rory, and Amy land in a mining asteroid at the same time as the Galactic Fair. While the Doctor and Rory are investigating a death and eating candyfloss, Amy is looking out for the wellbeing of a dancing space monkey. A charming adventure for younger readers with a secret that has galactic implications that will please readers of all ages.

[I received this book free from NetGalley in exchange for an unbiased review.] ( )
  tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |
3.5 stars

Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

I'm a fan of the show but currently I'm terribly behind on watching the series. Luckily there are books like these that I have the time to sneak in between my other reading.

The Eleventh Doctor, Amy and Rory land on a faraway planet where some weird thing are happening at a fair with a ride, that's not without a reason called the Death Ride.

I really quite enjoyed this story. It's a very fast read and it reads as if you're watching an episode of the show. While perhaps aimed at a somewhat younger audience it was very enjoyable and I liked the way the characters were portrayed.

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review! ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |
I don't know. I just don't know. I don't know why I requested not one, not two, but three Doctor Who novels from Netgalley… I don't know what I was expecting. But this wasn't great.

The Eleventh Doctor is far from a favorite of mine, so there's that to start with; I loved Amy and Rory, but … really? Did they (she) bicker like this? I know Rory was led by his, er, nosehairs, but I don't remember Amy being this … bull-headed. And ugly. I didn't like this Amy at all – or this Rory.

I don't know about the writing, either. Would the Doctor really say "run like hell"? I don't remember the Doctor stooping to what could be considered cursing. I also question having the Doctor, the Raggedy Man, refer to the performer as a "Raggedy musician" with no apparent irony.

It is a Whovian plot, in which the TARDIS lands somewhere unexpected and rather random, people die, the Doctor investigates and saves the day. It was not unentertaining. But it was also not what I wanted from a Doctor Who novel. I think I am yet to find that …

The usual disclaimer: I received this book via Netgalley for review. ( )
  Stewartry | Jan 9, 2016 |

In the Galactic Fair's popular attraction, Death Ride, people are dying in the Off-Limits tunnels. The Doctor and his team investigates.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,914,405 books! | Top bar: Always visible