Mouse's First Snow by Lauren Thompson

Mouse's First Snow (2005)

by Lauren Thompson

a fun story of a little mouse exploring her fist snow day and all the fun activities that came along with a snow day.
1 book
  TUCC | Dec 2, 2016 |
I had mixed feelings about the book, "Mouse's First Snow." First, I thought the book was boring. I did not like how the book repeated itself with a different activity on each page because it became too repetitive. For example, on one page Poppa would suggest a snow day activity, then on the next page Mouse would say, "I can do that too!" and would engage in the activity. However, I did like the book because of the language. I liked how the author used onomatopoeia because it kept me engaged and made the activities feel more real. For example, whenever the mice did something in the snow, the author would write a sound, such as "Pliff, Ploof" or Zzzipity, zzzip!" I also liked the illustrations of the book because they portrayed the characters emotions. For example, on each page Mouse is smiling when he is with Poppa. At the end of the book when Poppa is making Mouse a snow mouse, his facial expression changes and you can tell he is confused, just like the reader, because we do not know what Poppa is making. I think the main idea of the story is "don't be afraid to try new things." I think this because it is Mouse's first time in the snow, and even though he has never done any of the activities his Poppa is doing, he tries them anyway and has fun. ( )
  NicoleGinex | Mar 3, 2015 |
This is one of the better (and shorter) texts in the Mouse series by Thompson; the use of sound words is particularly nice. Unlike some of the other titles in the series, the text matches the illustrations and Buket Erdogan's textures and brushstrokes are a great fit for the wintry scenes. The saturated colors and textures give a cozy, intimate feel to the tale of Mouse and Poppa's adventures in the snow.

Used for snow/winter preschool outreach storytime visits. For 3 year olds in February 2011 and 3-5 yo at Sunshine Early Learning Center 11/16/11. ( )
  JenJ. | Mar 31, 2013 |

One cold day Mouse and Poppa venture into the clear white world. From sledding down hills, to skating across the ice, to meeting fluffy angels, Mouse finds that wintertime is full of surprises. And before it's time to go ome, Mouse just might have time to "make" a special new friend!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:13 -0400)

A mouse and its father enjoy playing in the snow.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,321,218 books! | Top bar: Always visible