Destined for Destiny: The Unauthorized…

Destined for Destiny: The Unauthorized Autobiography of George W. Bush (2006)

by Scott Dikkers

I'm not a Republican or Democrat (I'm actually Non Partisan, but that's another story), but this book was recommended by a friend. The creators of weeklyradioaddress.com wrote this satirical unauthorized biography of George W. Bush. My thoughts on this book are that I have my opinions and I respect those of others. Basically, I do not want to be convinced or persuaded to the authors' point of view, whether I agree or not. I just found it funny in some parts and rather annoying in others. ( )
  DBrigandi | Jul 3, 2017 |
  DBrigandi | Jul 3, 2017 |
I listened to this back around the time of Bush's reelection and laughed the whole way through it. The book did a wonderful job of parodying Bush's mannerism. Although it is less fun to laugh at Bush now that his stock is so low, it is still a pleasant way to look back at a tough time. ( )
  BookListener | Jan 15, 2009 |
A parody mocking President Bush's fictional attempts at writing and autobiography, one would expect to find biting satire and witty observations. This is true to a certain extent. The authors aren't creative in what they choose to spoof - Bush's malapropisms, for example, are quite abundant - but when they hit the mark, they really shine. There are some truly delicious lampoons, including a hilarious chapter on Laura Bush, and the way in which they have their fabricated protagonist twist the truth is always entertaining. Much is made about his impact on history, and the line, "I say to my critics, let history be the judge of my legacy, not the historians," is what the reader can come to expect from the text. However, the parody becomes wearisome and repetitive after half of the book, so that it takes some slogging to get through the rest. By the time the last page has been read, one realizes that they haven't really gained any new humorous insights - it feels like an over-extended joke. So, while there might be some clever aspects, the material here isn't particularly hilarious. ( )
  threnodymarch | Dec 29, 2008 |
The White Man’s Burden

GEORGE W. BUSH: PORTRAIT OF A LEADER. THE GEORGE W. BUSH LEGACY. THE BUSH TRAGEDY. Numerous biographizers have biographized about George W. Bush, the 43rd and 44th President of the United States, respectfully, but these biographies all suffer the same fatal flaw: they're filled with facts. Thusly, Mr. President – or King George, as he's fond of being called – has written the definingest account of his own life and times, entitled DESTINED FOR DESTINY: THE UNAUTHORIZED AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF GEORGE W. BUSH.

More faithier than THE FAITH OF GEORGE W. BUSH, more partisaney than BUSHWHACKED, more funner than THE GEORGE W. BUSH COLORING BOOK – indeed, rawer than the finest sushi made by the most hard-workingest Chinamen, more unfiltered than even Ward Cleaver's Lucky Strikes – DESTINED FOR DESTINY tells George W. Bush's life story, in his own vernacular.

In this unauthorized, semi-autobiographical autobiography, President George W. Bush recounts his life's biography, touching upon a number of touchstone issues, including:

* His childhood struggle against excessive wealth and crippling privilege: "Like ROOTS, only white."

* His love for Laura: "I was blessed with the good fortune of meeting a wonderful small-town Texas woman who had a dazed and clueless stare reminiscent of a goat that had been struck between the eyes with a tire iron – a halting kind of beauty which every man desires in a woman."

* His non-battle with a drinking problem: "The day I realized that I was not an alcoholic changed my life."

* The Greatest Love of his Life: "Jesus."

* Al Gore: "I did not have a nickname for him because I did not have warm feelings for him. I only felt for him what one might feel for a calculator or other type of inhuman thinking box."

* The multi facets of 9/11: "9-11, September the 11th, and the events of 9-11, 2001."

* John Kerry: "[The Democrats] turned to dark forces, and created a candidate using perverted science. John Kerry was what they called it. He had the tall, lanky torso of Abe Lincoln, and the brain of my previous opponent, Al Gore. He also had Michael Dukakis's hair, Walter Mondale's charm, and the strong lower jaw of Herman Munster, the great Democratic President of the 1960s."

* His brave crusade against gay marriage: "We worked to protect marriage from the wrongful marriers."

* His enduring legacy: "I strongly believe that a large statue is called for, and I propose that this towering likeness be built in the glorious city center of the new, rebuilt New Orleans."

Our Dear Leader also ponders age-old ponderables, such as:

* Is our children learning?

* Will the highways on the Internet become more few?

* Does Brazil have blacks, too?

* Should steroids be banned from baseball?

* Is Brownie doing a heckuva a job, or the heckuvaest job?

In sum, it will leave meat-huggers and meat-eaters alike wanting a hot dog. Perhaps even one dipped in chocolate. (But not dark chocolate; in the words of dubya, full-time decision-maker and part-time wiener connoisseur, "A truly American snack treat must be covered in milk chocolate only.")

Because George W. Bush is no fan of words, or collections of words called books, he has generously shouted DESTINED FOR DESTINY into a sound machine so that his adoring subjects can read it with their ears. Even so, he urges you to buy a copy of each edition, as the book-with-words also contains never-before-seen family photos and super-secret governating documents, while the book-with-sounds has bonus extra soundy stuff, like never-before-heard radio addresses. Besides, if you don't buy at least one copy of each book, the terraists win. You should probably also buy a paperback edition when it's released, just to be safer. The US of A can never be too safer. From terraists. Did I mention the terraists? They perpetuated 9-11, you know.

Also, if you like George W. Bush, and you liked the book George W. Bush wrote about the story of George W. Bush's life, then you may also like Dr. Stephen T. Colbert, DFA's story about his own life story, entitled I AM AMERICA (AND SO CAN YOU). Although Dr. Colbert is an sinning Catholic, who has said some unkind sayings about The True Christians, he is still a rich, snow-white, heterosexual man-boy, and is a loyal supporter of both George W. Bush and Jesus. Says Our Dear Leader: "Stephen Colbert: great punditer or The Greatest Punditer (tm)?".

http://www.easyvegan.info/2008/02/02/the-white-mans-burden-a-book-review/ ( )
  smiteme | Feb 2, 2008 |
For the faith-havers
I'd like to begin my introductory remarks by stating unequivocally that the Bush Administration has not authorized this work. (Introduction by Vice President Dick Cheney)
In the great American TV program "Roots," author Kunte Kinte traced his ancestry back to the early times in our history. (Chapter 1, Like "Roots" Only White)

And now for an unauthorized message from the President of the United States, George W. Bush: Writing this book may be my first ever mistake. Free from all the filters, handlers, and facts, I tell the untold story of my inspirational life. You will struggle with me in my strugglesome youth. During the Vietnam War you will be right there at my side as I face down the terrible enemy of sinful partying. Together, we will meet and fall head-over-heels for the love my life-Jesus. And through me you will become a beloved, terror-fighting hero on the greatest hour of my presidency, September 11, 2001. I embarked upon this important and historical work against the advice of my advisors. Come what may, I wanted to hear my story from me, in my own talking. Here are some of the chapters in my book: Like Roots Only White; No Bush Child Left Behind; Flying High!; I Won! Or Lost, Whatever; My Enduring Legacy: Mount Rushmore?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:22 -0400)

Presents a satirical portrait of George W. Bush that discusses his playboy lifestyle during the Vietnam War, devout religious beliefs, and his post-September 11 administrative decisions made against the recommendations of key advisors.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,988,418 books! | Top bar: Always visible