The Whole Christ: Legalism, Antinomianism,…

The Whole Christ: Legalism, Antinomianism, and Gospel Assurance―Why the… (edition 2016)

by Sinclair B. Ferguson (Author), Timothy J. Keller (Foreword)

Member:Robby.Baxter
Title:The Whole Christ: Legalism, Antinomianism, and Gospel Assurance―Why the Marrow Controversy Still Matters
Authors:Sinclair B. Ferguson (Author)
Other authors:Timothy J. Keller (Foreword)
Info:Crossway (2016), 256 pages
Tags:Systematic Theology

The Whole Christ: Legalism, Antinomianism, and Gospel Assurance—Why the Marrow Controversy Still Matters by Sinclair B. Ferguson

Well written - engaging - relevant - theologically deep. Uncovers the Morrow controversy and how it is relevant today. Particularly salient was Ferguson's point that the benefits of the Gospel cannot be separated from Jesus. Jesus is the good news. I would highly recommend! ( )
  KenMcLain | Jul 18, 2017 |

Since the days of the early church, Christians have wrestled with the relationship between the law and gospel. If, as the apostle Paul says, salvation is by grace and the law cannot save, what relevance does the law have for Christians today? By revisiting the Marrow Controversy?a famous but largely forgotten eighteenth-century debate related to the proper relationship between God?s grace and our works?Sinclair B. Ferguson sheds light on this central issue and why it still matters today. In doing so, he explains how our understanding of the relationship between law and gospel determines our approach to evangelism, our pursuit of sanctification, and even our understanding of God himself. Ferguson shows us that the antidote to the poison of legalism on the one hand and antinomianism on the other is one and the same: the life-giving gospel of Jesus Christ, in whom we are simultaneously justified by faith, freed for good works, and assured of salvation.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,741,495 books! | Top bar: Always visible