The Way Things Work Now by David Macaulay

The Way Things Work Now (edition 2016)

by David Macaulay (Author)

250577,612 (4)1
Text and numerous detailed illustrations introduce and explain the scientific principles and workings of hundreds of machines.
Member:LeicesterMSLibrary
Title:The Way Things Work Now
Authors:David Macaulay (Author)
Info:HMH Books for Young Readers (2016), Edition: Revised, Updated, 400 pages
Collections:New Books 2017/2018

The Way Things Work Now by David Macaulay

Wow this book is amazing to read before a STEM lesson. This book talks a lot about the 'How" of the electronics a lot of our kids are using and I think this would be great to help with that curiosity. I think of the impact it would have to have a lesson with ipads and then ask the question of "so why does the screen react when you touch it?" and then be able to read this book when talking about tech in the classroom. ( )
  spashinyan | Nov 7, 2019 |
I was excited to read this book, the cover was very inviting. While the pictures inside were detailed and well colored, every page was so difficult to read. The font is small, and felt clumsy. The recommended age being 12 and up, I would be hard pressed to see middle school students picking this book up to read. This book may be best used as a read-aloud, or accompanied with other books. ( )
  KariMiller | Jul 15, 2019 |
Fun introduction to how things work
  dschwabe | May 23, 2019 |
How and Why do things work? This book is great at explaining different topics. It discusses everything from transmission, brakes, planes, hydraulics and much more. The drawings and images help explain and expand on the descriptions and explanations as to how things work. Great resource for science education and STEM schools. ( )
  SraSpoer | Apr 17, 2017 |
Many kids are questioning "Why" and "How" things work. This book can answer most of their questions. It covers topics such as how escalators, zippers, keys, planes, and so forth work. I love the use of the Woolly Mammoth to explain certain topics. It makes this book more amusing. However, I would have liked to see better drawings. It would have been better if the drawings were more detailed. This would have made it easier to understand how certain objects work.

I still believe this is a great book for students who are interested in the basic concepts of mechanics, electricity, etc. ( )
  mwatki5 | Oct 20, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,859,264 books! | Top bar: Always visible