Born Free by Laura Hird

No reviews

Hird, Lauraprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lahtinen, SeppoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Yli-Juonikas, JaakkoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
When love becomes a command, hatred can become a pleasure. Written by Charles Bukowski from Notes of a Dirty Old Man
...I used to do the I-Ching, but then I had to feed the meter. Now I can't see into the future, but at least I can use the heater. Lyrics by Jarvis Cocker from 'Glory Days' (This is Hardcore)
To Everyone who buys this and everyone who bought the last one Cheers!
CHRIST, WHAT'S SHE doing there?

Punchy, acerbic, sharp-witted and above-all, acutely observed, Born Free tells the story of an ordinary family who are all trying to escape from something - and each other. The interactions between Jake, Joni, Angie and Vic reveal a hellish cocktail of adolescent and mid-life crises; the savagery of sibling rivalry; the waking nightmare of a marriage gone cold - and, naturally, the unbridgeable, infernal chasm between the generations. It's a story of everyday life.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,909,109 books! | Top bar: Always visible