Welcome, Little Baby by Aliki

Welcome, Little Baby

by Aliki

Age range 3- 5 years
This story describes a infant and the way in which his family will expand with a new baby. The mother helps the child discovers ``things you didn't know when you were born. Mother and child are shown at home and visiting the park, experiencing the sights and sounds around them. Welcome, little baby expresses the miracle of birth and growth and will be great for a child to understand the beauty of a new sibling ( )
  zulain | May 20, 2014 |
Welcome, Little Baby is a great book for beginning readers. Each page has about 3-6 words and the pages are heavily illustrated. Welcome, Little Baby is about a baby that is brought home for the first time. The story talks about all of the different things that you do with a baby, such as put them to sleep, feed them, and bathe them. ( )
  Madalyn333 | Oct 11, 2009 |
Welcome, Little Baby is an informational book for a sibling of a newborn to know what to expect when the new baby comes home. It is simply written with great illistations and would be great in the understanding of what it may be like in the home with a new baby.

I enjoyed this book, it made me think back to when I brought my children home and now they are all grown up. I will remember this book in my library for when I have grandchildren one day.

This book can be used in the classroom for parents to use when expecting a new baby, or in the classroom to help all students know what it may be like if there was a new baby in the home. It could be used to let children express different things they have heard about themself when they were a baby.
  wb010371 | Oct 26, 2008 |
Basic new-baby introduction which goes overboard on the schmaltz. ( )
  yarb | Nov 16, 2007 |

"Welcome to our world, little baby. We've been waiting for you." "In a simple text that's perfect, Aliki conveys warmth, love, hope, and the special tenderness felt by parents at the birth of their child."--Horn Book.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:43 -0400)

A mother welcomes her newborn infant, and tells what life will be like as the child grows older.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,550,003 books! | Top bar: Always visible