Halloween Hats by Elizabeth Winthrop

Halloween Hats

by Elizabeth Winthrop

I thought this book was adorable! This book speaks of the many different types of hats that are worn during Halloween. I liked how this book showed a wide variety of costumes and themes. Halloween is basically my favorite holiday so i might be a little partial but i think this book was absolutely perfect.

Teaching Ideas: diversity, or just read around halloween time
  aehunter | May 4, 2015 |
This story is about all the types of hats we use in Halloween for our costumes. People use pointy hats, flowered hats, hats with air for deep sea divers, and many more. In the end they play the switching circle, which is they snatch there hats and throw it in the air and someone gets a different hat. This is a cute story to tell around the time of Halloween because it show you how hats make a costume so much better to represent who they are. ( )
  lruano | Oct 2, 2014 |
This was a cute read for me, since it includes two of my favorite things, hats (which I love to see on others but dislike wearing!) and Halloween. Enjoyed the creativity of the hats as part of Halloween costumes, so the illustrations in the book were cute! ( )
  dukefan86 | May 29, 2013 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0805063862, Hardcover)

All sizes and shapes of hats--"Floppy hats and sloppy hats, / silly hats and frilly hats"--are put to good use on Halloween night. Elizabeth Winthrop's happy paean to hats begins as three children rummage through an attic to find the perfect costumes for trick-or-treating. Once on the streets, the three revelers see all sorts of getups, including "Hats for fancy race-car drivers, / hats with air for deep-sea divers." All the neighborhood kids, it seems, are headed for the same party, where they play a hat-switching game that results in some very silly costumes indeed. Sue Truesdell's lively illustrations, reminiscent of James Stevenson's work, steal the show as she depicts kids jumping in leaf piles, collecting candy, falling down, and living it up. The sweet, comical details from wide-eyed cats to a tiny Halloween paper ghost taped to a window are what makes this nonscary Halloween book a standout. (Ages 4 to 8) --Karin Snelson

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:49 -0400)

A rhyming celebration of hats, featuring all sorts of head-toppers that help create costumes for the Halloween parade.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,724,779 books! | Top bar: Always visible