Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Lights to My Siren by Lani Lynn Vale

Lights to My Siren is book 1 of the Dixie Wardens MC series. Bailey is an EMT who has moved to Kilgore Texas for a fresh start. Sebastian is a fire fighter and VP of the Dixie Wardens MC. These two meet by chance and sparks fly. They have a lot of struggles-Sebastian has a son, both of their work schedules are crazy, and Sebastian isn't exactly open about his life in the MC.

In the beginning, I was not a fan of Bailey. She is kind of judgmental. She assumes then worst about Sebastian and then seems surprised when he isn't a thug. However, as the story goes on, I liked Bailey more and Sebastian less. Sebastian is HORRIBLE sometimes. He keeps her totally in the dark about the club, then gets pissed when she doesn't seem to know. Then he gets pissed at her about all kinds of things. He doesn't ever discuss anything with her but barks and yells. I felt like he was so stubborn and expected Bailey to change to meet his expectations.

The story is mostly a string of events as opposed to one over arching storyline. I think this method of storytelling allows the reader/listener to not get bored. It also makes the relationship feel more natural. So, I give Vale kudos for this method because it makes for a good listen.

Lidia Dornet narrated another book I listened to previously (When I Need You) and I really enjoyed her narration. She does a great job of really 'performing' the story. Tristan James is a new to me narrator and he did a fine job. He has the slight twang down pat and his female voices aren't annoyingly overdone.
"I read to escape reality not to deal with characters dying"
This quote from Bailey is perfect and so true!

• POV: dual 1st

• Tears: no

• Trope: MC Club

• Triggers: none

• Series/Standalone: stand alone

• Cliffhanger: no

• HEA:

...then you will probably like Lights to my Siren!

Lights to my Siren

See full review on The Book Disciple ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,475,119 books! | Top bar: Always visible