Causing Havoc by Lori Foster

Causing Havoc

by Lori Foster

This is the second SBC book I have read and both were just wonderful. Normally I am not a sports kind of gal. I don't watch them. I don't talk about them and I usually tune out those who do. I found myself fascinated by this book despite that Dean is an SBC fighter. Maybe because it isn't necessarily about his fights or the sport but the developement of the relationships between Dean and his long lost sisters.

Strangely enough although both part of the same series, the first one I read (My Man Michael) and this book are so different. Heck, they don't even take place in the same time. For those who don't know, My Man Michael is technically a time travel book. They do have a common theme though. Super alpha men and strong independent women.

I have read a few of Lori Foster's books...many won high marks from me. She writes characters that you might not have anything in common with but somewhere along the line connect with emotionally. She also has a knack for creating mouth watering men. I want my own Dean!

So anyway, this book is the first in the series and although many people just "have" to read series books in order (typically I am one of them) you don't have to worry about that. I read this one second and didn't feel disjointed or lost at all.

I honestly don't know what else to say about this book other then pick one up, try it, you'll like it. I own this one and might keep it to read it again later. You should find a copy where ever you can, even if it means paying cover price.

My rating.....4.5 Stars. ( )
  ChristinaT. | Dec 3, 2016 |
At the age of nine Dean Conor is separated from his very young sisters upon the death of their parents. The aunt who is charged with raising the children immediately kicks him out of the house and their lives and he lives a somewhat more adventurous life with his uncle. Twenty years later he is a popular SBC fighter when he gets a letter from one of his sisters, asking him to come home.

He’d lived with the impression that his sisters were well-to-do and spoiled since their parents had left enough money to take care of the house and all of their needs. So he’s a little surprised to find the house is in serious neglect and his really nice sisters, who just recently discovered his existence, are actually very nice. But there are some things that are seriously wrong.

What I like about this author’s books are the characters and their quirks. I find them both fun and interesting, and this book is no exception. But I can’t claim to have enjoyed this one quite as much as many of the others I’ve read. Dean has a big hang up to overcome with not wanting to be seen as the caring older brother. That was getting kind of old as his attitude doesn’t change until quite a ways into the story.

I did enjoy his relationship with Eve, the best friend of one of his sisters. And I definitely liked her family. What sets this apart somewhat from the other stories is Dean’s desire to spend his nights with Eve even when they can’t have sex for a few days. That to me is more romantic than chapters filled with sex.

The reveals when we finally find out who and why are somewhat surprising.

Read from a library book. ( )
  dearheart | Sep 3, 2015 |
An enjoyable book with good plot, nice pace and steamy sex. Professional fighter Dean gets a letter from his sister who he was separated from 20 years ago. He goes to meet her and is instantly attracted to her best friend Eve. I still have mixed emotions on this sport and the ending seemed rushed.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
did not received this book, I was really looking forward to this book.
  frances1938 | Aug 15, 2013 |
Overall story: Big, strong Alpha heroes meets strong, independent heroines. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 12, 2013 |

Sexy, sculpted extreme fighter Dean "Havoc" Conor has knee-melting good looks--and thick skin. But not from. his brutal sport's enclosed rings. Orphaned and torn from his sisters as a boy, he has no family. That is, until he gets a letter revealing how much the once-little girls want him back in. Harmony, Kentucky.

To stop one of his sisters from marrying a man as sleazy as he is wealthy, Dean finds himself teaming up with her pretty-but-smart-mouthed friend Eve--who's heard of "Havoc's" reputation and doesn't need some hunk trampling on her heart. Now all Dean has to do is protect his sisters, win Eve over, and expose a devious criminal. And he thought winning the heavyweight cage fighting belt was hard...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425214230, Mass Market Paperback)

Orphaned and torn from his sisters as a boy, sexy extreme wrestler Dean "Havoc" Conor gets a letter revealing how much his siblings want him back in Harmony, Kentucky. To stop his sister from marrying a sleazeball, Dean finds himself teaming up with her pretty-but-smart-mouthed friend Eve-who's heard of Havoc's reputation and doesn't need some hunk trampling on her heart. Now all Dean has to do is protect his sisters, win Eve over, and expose a devious criminal. And he thought winning the heavyweight belt was hard.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:20 -0400)

Extreme fighter Dean "Havoc" Conor finds his heart taking quite a beating when he joins forces with his sister's outspoken best friend Eve to stop his sister from marrying a man who is not what he seems.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,005,378 books! | Top bar: Always visible