Haikyu!!, Vol. 1: Hinata and Kageyama by…

Haikyu!!, Vol. 1: Hinata and Kageyama

by Haruichi Furudate

Series: Haikyu!! (1)

A chance event triggered Shouyou Hinata's love for volleyball. His club had no members, but somehow persevered and finally made it into its very first and final regular match of middle school, where it was steamrolled by Tobio Kageyama, a superstar player known as "King of the Court."

Vowing revenge, Hinata applied to the Karasuno High School volleyball club... only to come face-to-face with his hated rival, Kageyama!
  Clippers | Dec 21, 2017 |
A typical sports manga, friends and teammates and rivals and all that. But in this twist, we start our story in middle school and see how the experiences there shape the relationships in high school. Bitter rivals end up becoming teammates but they're too busy fighting each other to be an asset to the new team. These two hotheads need to get their act together before they're kicked off the team for good.

If you like sports manga/anime, this is a good read for you. If you don't, you can give it a chance if you want. ( )
  Rhydion | Oct 30, 2017 |
This is really good! I've never read a sports manga before because I am probably the *least* sports interested person in the world. But I thought I'd give sports manga a try and I'm impressed! The sport here is volleyball and they taught me everything I needed to know to understand what was going on this volume. I have a feeling I'll be introduced to all the rules and meanings of things as it goes along. All the sports action takes place in the same manner that a battle scene would so it was actually pretty fun and exciting when they were playing the sport. However, this was all about character! We really get to know the main characters; their attitude, some background, fears, hopes, etc. I really like this group of kids. I just don't know how I'm going to remember all their names as so many were introduced.So far I'm thinking of the main guys I'm interested in as "King", "Shorty" and "Glasses". LOL. Great stuff. I f you are a no-sports girl like me I'd say give sports manga a try if you are into characters. ( )
  ElizaJane | Jun 30, 2016 |

"Ever since he saw the legendary player known as 'the Little Giant' compete at the national volleyball finals, Shoyo Hinata has been aiming to be the best volleyball player ever! Who says you need to be tall to play volleyball when you can jump higher than anyone else? After losing his first and last volleyball match against Tobio Kageyama, 'the King of the Court,' Shoyo Hinata swears to become his rival after graduating middle school. But what happens when the guy he wants to defeat ends up being his teammate?!"--Back cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,386,310 books! | Top bar: Always visible