Buddhism for Busy People: Finding Happiness…

Buddhism for Busy People: Finding Happiness in an Uncertain World

by David Michie

This quote on the book's Amazon description really sums it up: "Michie demystifies the ancient teachings of Buddha, and writes about them with easy style. -- Australia Sunday Mail

This book is a great intro to Buddhism, making it easy for the modern person to digest the main teachings of the Buddha in a light and simple way. The author uses personal experiences to describe how he came to the philosophy and how it changed his life. This book (and his other one Hurry Up and Meditate) changed my life as well... I was struggling with grief over my father's death and nothing I tried was really making a difference. With the help of this book, as well as others, I found a much more peaceful path in my life and I'm stronger and happier than I've ever been!

Highly recommended for anyone wanting a simple introduction to the Buddhist practice or anyone who needs help curbing overwhelming emotions. It's life-changing. ( )
  kirako | Oct 16, 2015 |
Not a bad, simple overview but felt it a little superficial and anecdotal ( )
  joerubicon | Sep 12, 2008 |
Excellent for a beginner struggling with the process ( )
  carolp | May 3, 2007 |

Learn how to incorporate Buddhist practices into daily life and understand the difference betwen the temporary pleasures of ordinary life and the profound sense of well-being and heartfelt serenity that comes from connecting with our inner nature.

David Michie is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

13 wanted4 pay12 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,881,494 books! | Top bar: Always visible