The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever…

The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever (edition 2007)

by Julia Quinn

1,091None7,587 (3.69)34
Member:Jagular2k
Title:The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever
Authors:Julia Quinn
Info:Avon (2007), Edition: 1st Avon Bks Ppbk Print July 2007, Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever by Julia Quinn

Not my favorite Julia Quinn but even a bad JQ is full of witty dialogue and fun characters. I loved Miranda and loved seeing Olivia (I read her book first) but I didn't love Turner. Yes, he had reason to be broody but it got to be too much for me. He needed Cher to slap him and yell "snap out of it!". So while I liked this one OK I won't clutch it to my heart and squee like I do with other Quinn books. ( )
  CCleveland | Nov 27, 2013 |
I really enjoyed this book until all of a sudden the characters stopped making any sense. After being deserted by Turner, why does Miranda inexplicably capitulate when Turner proposes in Scotland? Why was Miranda so blase about the miscarriage? There are other questions, but I'm too lazy to write much of a review.

The first half or so was quite delightful. ( )
  LadyWesley | Sep 25, 2013 |
Cute book. The middle dragged a bit and I was really annoyed with the hero over his actions, but overall I enjoyed it. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
Such a fun romp! I flew through this book, and enjoyed almost every moment of it, though there were some plot- and character-details that snagged me and dragged my rating down to four stars. I heartily recommend it to anyone looking for a refreshing read. ( )
  NeitherNora | Sep 7, 2013 |
The hero was such a terrible and creepy person that I spent half the book hoping Miranda would get someone else. I spent the other half trying to understand what she saw in him. ( )
  calmclam | Apr 6, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061230839, Mass Market Paperback)

2 March 1810 . . . Today, I fell in love.

At the age of ten, Miranda Cheever showed no signs of Great Beauty. And even at ten, Miranda learned to accept the expectations society held for her—until the afternoon when Nigel Bevelstoke, the handsome and dashing Viscount Turner, solemnly kissed her hand and promised her that one day she would grow into herself, that one day she would be as beautiful as she already was smart. And even at ten, Miranda knew she would love him forever.

But the years that followed were as cruel to Turner as they were kind to Miranda. She is as intriguing as the viscount boldly predicted on that memorable day—while he is a lonely, bitter man, crushed by a devastating loss. But Miranda has never forgotten the truth she set down on paper all those years earlier—and she will not allow the love that is her destiny to slip lightly through her fingers . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:58:17 -0400)

At the age of ten, Miranda Cheever showed no signs of Great Beauty. And even at ten, Miranda learned to accept the expectations society held for her - until the afternoon when Nigel Bevelstoke, the handsome and dashing Viscount Turner, solemnly kissed her hand and promised her that one day she would grow into herself, that one day she would be as beautiful as she already was smart. And even at ten, Miranda knew she would love him forever.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,476,824 books! | Top bar: Always visible