The Winter Pearl by Molly Noble Bull

The Winter Pearl

by Molly Noble Bull

A young girl named Honor, escapes her cruel uncle. She is rescued by a handsome young minister. Honor is faced with many decisions to make; however, Christmas brings special miracles.
  SABC | Nov 12, 2013 |
A beautiful story of forgiveness and of a life transformed that you thought could never be changed. A story of hope and love. The main character, Honor McCall, had a hard life. But her determination and her seeking for answers resulted in a life she never would have imagined and a love she only dreamed of.

The year is 1888 in Colorado and Honor McCall finds herself escaping her drunken uncle who wants to marry her and abuse her more. She escapes on a stagecoach and finds herself stuck in a small town called Hearten, recovering from a stagecoach robbery where she was hurt. The local pastor in town, Jethro Peters, and his Mother who runs a boardinghouse in town takes her in and helps her get well and grow in her understanding of the things of God. While all this is going on Lucas, her uncle, sets out to find her. It is a story of Honor and how she learns to care for the people who are helping her and grow in her understanding of the Bible. But it is also a story of Lucas and how he sinks so low in his life and how someone comes along and shows him the love and understanding he truly needs.

I found myself very interested in these people. I would not have thought the story line would take the turn it did, but I always enjoy a little surprise when I am reading. Forgiveness is not an easy task, especially when someone has been treated badly, but the author did a very good job of dealing with the transformation one experiences when they can finally let go of their anger. I look forward to reading more stories by this author. ( )
  judyg54 | Dec 31, 2012 |
Set in Colorado in 1888, The Winter Pearl is about forgiveness. ( )
  Mollyb2009 | Jan 24, 2009 |
I loved some aspects of this story: running away, hiding, fear, needing to be helped, being vulnerable, medical issues, etc. The emotions were deep and expressed very well. I was able to feel what Honor was feeling most of the time, and that is an important aspect of story-telling for me. Read more: http://christianfictionaddiction.com/book_reviews/winter_pearl.htm ( )
  Katie_543 | Apr 4, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373786115, Mass Market Paperback)

In 1888, Colorado was a dangerous place for a girl on the run. But Honor McCall had to escape from her drunken uncle.

She never imagined that she'd be rescued by a handsome young minister or find a place to call home in his church.

The Rev. Jethro Peters' kindness was more than she could ever repay. So how could she stay on--accepting charity while hiding the truth about the danger that stalked her and hiding her love for a man who might never return her feelings?

She had to leave, but she just couldn't seem to go--and then Christmas brought a special miracle....

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:37 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,954,204 books! | Top bar: Always visible