The Grail Conspiracy by Lynn Sholes

The Grail Conspiracy

by Lynn Sholes, Joe Moore

English (5)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All (7)
This was a pretty good thriller. The Holy Grail by a sries of machinations falls into the hands of those who follow the fallen angel, Lucifer. A woman journalist, Cotten Stone, links up with a Catholic priest to save this relic and resore to its rightful place. It feels a little fantastical at points, but good does win out. A fairly fast read. ( )
  vpfluke | Aug 14, 2009 |
This book is has interesting similarities to The Divinci Code, but it's just not as exciting, and does not have quite the gripping story line. It's an thought-provoking look at what might actually happen if we could successfully clone people, and whether the Second Coming would be joyful or apocalyptic. It gives an opportunity for thought on ethics in science (just because we can doesn't mean we should). Some of the situations are too absurd, such as the Mardi Gras event, but it has merit ( )
  chuffman | May 16, 2009 |
This book is the first in a series of mystery novels about Cotten Stone, the main character. The pace of this one moved along pretty quickly and I had read the third novel first, so I sort of knew some of the back story in this one, but I enjoyed seeing the first novel's setup in a whole manner by reading it firsthand. It takes a bit of getting used to to think about the premise of these books, the idea of Cotten Stone being an Angel of God, on Earth to fight God's battles against Satan and his minions. I like the way the authors have characterized Lucifer, and as a whole the premise hangs together very well, without too many, if any, seeming inconsistencies. You get the impressionn that the books have been very well researched and I like that. All in all a very enjoyable read! ( )
  mtnbiker1 | Feb 1, 2008 |
If you liked The Da Vinci Code Movie, you will probably like this book.

If, like me, you liked The Da Vinci Code book, but when you saw the movie you said to yourself: "I missed the new episode of South Park for this? Who cares if it can be proved Mary Magdalene has living descendants? How would that prove Jesus had descendants?" you probably will not.

There were some problems in the book, e.g. a false perception of Roman Catholic eschatological theory, which did not allow me to willingly suspend my disbelief.

The plot follows a news reporter who finds the Holy Grail in her possession. It leads to tricking a senior Cardinal in the Vatican to steal the Grail to bring about the Second Coming of Jesus, or the coming of the Antichrist.

As I said, if you liked the movie version of the Da Vinci Code, or maybe even Frank Peretti's The Prophet you will probably like this book.

There is a website here:

www.satellitenews.org ( )
  petersfamily | Dec 11, 2007 |

Lynn Sholesprimary authorall editionscalculated
Moore, Joemain authorall editionsconfirmed
"The prince of darkness is a gentleman;"

--William Shakespeare,

King Lear, Act III, Scene iv
Nancy for the match

Gary Givens for the spark

Carol and Tommy for the flame

Winner of Foreword Magazine's Book of the Year Award for Best Mystery

On assignment in the Middle East, television journalist Cotten Stone stumbles upon an archeological dig that uncovers the world's most-sought-after religious relic: the Holy Grail. With his last dying breath, Dr. Gabriel Archer gives it to Cotten, uttering "You are the only one" in a language she's heard from only one other person--her deceased twin sister.

What begins as a hot news story for the ambitious young reporter soon turns into a nightmare when the Holy Grail is stolen and strange "accidents" befall her dearest friends. Running for her life, she turns to John Tyler, a priest with firsthand knowledge of religious artifacts, for help. An anonymous source leads them to New Orleans during Mardi Gras, where an abominable experiment is underway that--unless destroyed--promises to unleash an ancient evil upon the Earth.

#1 Kindle book on Amazon (December 14, 2011)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:57 -0400)

Cotten Stone must unravel the mystery surrounding a claim that the Holy Grail has been discovered in Iraq.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,933,681 books! | Top bar: Always visible