We'll Always Have Murder by Bill Crider

We'll Always Have Murder

by Bill Crider

Private investigator Terry Scott isn't too surprised when Mr. Warner asks him to come to the studio lot. After all, he's helped Warner with trouble before. But Scott is taken aback when he recognizes the other person in the office as none other than Humphrey Bogart; a man with a reputation for taking care of himself. Seems someone is trying to blackmail Bogart and Mr. Warner wants Scott to make the problem go away. But whoever is after Bogart is also familiar with his movies, so the trouble doesn't stop at blackmail. Now there's a few bodies in the mix, a harrowing car accident and a mob boss who's rather annoyed. Is Scott up to the challenge or will Bogie have to show him how it's done?

Oh my, where to start? I simply have to say that I loved this book. If you're a Bogart fan like I am, this book is a fantastic adventure with one of your buddies along side of you. It's like eating a meal at the old hangout and swapping private jokes.

I really enjoyed how Crider wrote Bogart as Bogart - the toupee, the ruby ring, the portrait of Bacall above the fireplace; the little touches that made Bogie feel human and not like Marlowe or Spade. Even though Crider made up the dialogue, it's what you know Bogart would say if he were in the situation. Even the cadence of the speech seems authentic.

I had such a good time reading this one. It's supposed to be the first in a new series and I certainly hope that is the case! ( )
1 vote VictoriaPL | Jun 17, 2009 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,049,900 books! | Top bar: Always visible