The Angel & the Brown-eyed Boy by Sandy…

The Angel & the Brown-eyed Boy

by Sandy Nathan

121768,668 (4)None

This book is so well written and interesting. When I read the blurb, I knew that I wanted to read it. Then when I started reading, I realized that the book is in the fantasy and sci-fi genre. While I will read most any book that interests me, I usually stay away from certain genres. I am so glad I did not know what the genre this book is classified in before starting.

First off, I had an advance reader copy in .pdf format. I hate .pdf format because it does not covert to either the Kindle or Nook without something missing. However, that in no way reflects on the author or editor. We can blame the problem on the internet gremlins.

To me personally this book offers, hope, light, love, and a chance for something better.

This book will take readers on a one-day journey. There is so much to read and learn about the characters, plot, and setting in that one day.

I enjoyed how the author created the plot on the eve of a nuclear holocaust. After reading this book sit back and think, is it possible for these events to happen. How would people act, would the rich have everything, would the less fortunate live in tent or lean-to’s, would speak revert to missing sounds when communicating? Would food become scarce? What would happen with law enforcement? Would they still protect the people?

Start reading this wonderful series with me. Learn all about Jeremy, Eliana and what will happen after the holocaust.

Thanks for an amazing and unique read Sandy.

The bunnies and I give this book 5 carrots.
  kybunnies | Oct 19, 2014 |

Tomorrow morning at 7:35 AM, a nuclear holocaust will destroy the planet. Two people carry the keys to survival: Jeremy Edgarton, a 16 year old, tech genius and revolutionary; and Eliana, the angelic, off-world traveler sent to Earth on a mission to prevent her planet's death.

Welcome to a future world only heartbeats from our own.

By the late 22nd century, the Great Recession of the early 2000s has lead to a worldwide police state. A ruined United States barely functions. Government control masks chaos, dissenters are sent to camps, and technology is outlawed. War rages while the authorities proclaim the Great Peace.

It's New York City on the eve of nuclear Armageddon.

Join Eliana & Jeremy as they begin a question to save two doomed planets . . . and find each other.

TESTIMONIALS:

Another Sandy Nathan classic! Aldous Huxley meets Orson Scott Card in this sci-fi thriller with political undertones. If Nathan had written a 300-page non-fiction polemic on nuclear non-proliferation, rising sea levels, and government/media censorship, I might have learned as much, but it wouldn't have been the page-turner that is The Angel.
Nathan Fisher, MBA Stanford Graduate School of Business

Sandy Nathan is a talented writer with a gift for creating multi-layered characters and putting them in do-or-die situations. In The Angel & The Brown-Eyed Boy, Ms. Nathan introduces us to a dark Earth of the future where humans have surrendered all freedoms to total government control in order to live in peace. Now a secret from the past threatens to annihilate all life on the planet. Survival--of a sort--can come only from an extraterrestrial "angel" and the boy she has loves. But only if they can act in time. Captivating from the first page onward, this entertaining tale will draw readers in and keep them riveted. Highly recommended.
L.C. Evans, author of Talented Horsewoman

A good book elicits an emotional response while being read; Nathan's book haunts the reader long after the final page is turned.  In Angel & the Brown-Eyed Boy two dying worlds fight for survival, their futures dependent on a revolutionary and an angelic otherworldly dancer.  Nathan shows us a future Earth whose indifferent citizens and uneducated politicians have allowed their fears to rule them believing everything they are told even in the face of the reality around them.  It is a world not that many heartbeats away from our own, making the premise chilling.  Is there hope?  Yes, Jeremy and Eliana are the key.  But to what end?  Future volumes of the tale will tell.
Todd A. Fonseca, award-winning author of The Time Cavern
AWARDS--THE ANGEL WON FOUR NATIONAL AWARDS:

2011 IPPY (Independent Press) Awards, Gold Medal Winner in Visionary Fiction.
More than 3,900 books were entered in this contest.

2011 Indie Excellence Awards, Winner (1st place) of the Visionary Fiction Category.

Best Books of 2011, USA Book News

Winner: Fiction, New Age Finalist: Fiction: Fantasy/Sci-Fi

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 22 Feb 2016 02:30:58 -0500)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,526,633 books! | Top bar: Always visible