Perfect Match, The by JODI PICOULT

Perfect Match, The (original 2002; edition 2006)

by JODI PICOULT

Member:tina1969
Title:Perfect Match, The
Authors:JODI PICOULT
Info:Hodder Paperbacks (2006), Paperback, 416 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

Perfect Match by Jodi Picoult (2002)

Recently added byJane_Mare, private library, taylorbelle2, MsStephie, darcy36, MacMasterFamily, ReathaSorensen
2007 (9) 2008 (8) abuse (19) American (7) American fiction (8) child abuse (48) child molestation (10) contemporary fiction (24) courtroom drama (14) crime (10) drama (9) ebook (12) family (34) fiction (215) Jodi Picoult (28) law (11) legal drama (11) literature (7) Maine (8) murder (22) mystery (20) novel (19) own (14) pedophilia (7) read (47) read in 2006 (6) sexual abuse (32) to-read (38) unowned (6) unread (7)

English (56)  Dutch (1)  All languages (57)
A bit too dramatic for me, but an interesting [main] thread. ( )
  dancingwaves | Apr 16, 2013 |
Actually 2.5. Well written, detailed. However, plot comes across at unrealistic at times. Reasoning behind the protagonist's actions is at times outrageous and flimsy.

It is a story of a mother who is a public prosecutor. of how she deals with the knowledge that this time it is her kid who is victim of Child Sexual Abuse (CSA). How far will she go to protect her child (this is book's tag line) when she knows law can let the perpetrator go free? ( )
  poonamsharma | Apr 6, 2013 |
This was the last Jodi Picoult book I read. I'd had enough after this one. She tells a good story but the formula is always the same and eventually knowing that everything you've been led to think will be turned on its head by the ending just gets wearing. ( )
  Petra.Xs | Apr 2, 2013 |
Found this at a garage sale this morning. Will eventually read it on the recommendation of a friend of mine.
  mossjon | Apr 1, 2013 |
I really loved this book. I haven't been too impressed by Picoult before but this one was excellent. I'm not usually a fan of having multiple narrators in a book but it worked in this one- I felt you really needed everyone's side of the story to make sense of the situation. The characters all felt real and I thought Nathaniel was written well and was believable. I'm not sure if 'enjoyed' is the correct word to use as the subject matter is pretty upsetting but it was a very good book. ( )
  nicola26 | Mar 30, 2013 |
Een moeder neemt het recht in eigen handen - maar tot welke prijs?
To Jake, The bravest boy I know. Love, Mom
When the monster finally came through the door, he was wearing a mask.
DEEL I

Wanneer we zonder reden worden geslagen, zouden we hard moeten terugslaan, heel hard, om degene die ons geslagen heeft te leren zoiets nooit nóg een keer te doen.

Charlotte Brönte, Jane Eyre
DEEL II

Eens in twijfel staan
Is eens vastbesloten zijn.

Shakespeare, Othello
DEEL III

Onze deugden zijn meestal slecht vermomde ondeugden.

François, Duc de la Rochefoucauld
Author might be Jodi Picoult.

Assistant district attorney Nina Frost has always prided herself on the fact that she protects the city's children from abuse and crime, but when her own son is sexually abused, she finds herself overcome with rage and sets out to find his attacker and exact justice for her son.

What does it mean to be a good mother?

How far would you go in the name of love -- and justice?

Perfect Match

In the course of her everyday work, career-driven assistant district attorney Nina Frost prosecutes child molesters and works determinedly to ensure that a legal system with too many loopholes keeps these criminals behind bars. But when her own five-year-old son, Nathaniel, is traumatized by a sexual assault, Nina and her husband, Caleb, a quiet and methodical stone mason, are shattered, ripped apart by an enraging sense of helplessness in the face of a futile justice system that Nina knows all too well. In a heartbeat, Nina's absolute truths and convictions are turned upside down, and she hurtles toward a plan to exact her own justice for her son -- no matter the consequence, whatever the sacrifice.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:56:02 -0400)

District Attorney Nina Frost and her husband, Caleb, face a nightmare when they discover that their young son Nathaniel has been molested, a trauma that has left him mute, terrified, and unable to reveal the identity of his attacker.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,500,760 books! | Top bar: Always visible