Perfect Match, The by JODI PICOULT

Perfect Match, The (original 2002; edition 2006)

by JODI PICOULT

Member:tina1969
Title:Perfect Match, The
Authors:JODI PICOULT
Info:Hodder Paperbacks (2006), Paperback, 416 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

Perfect Match by Jodi Picoult (2002)

English (62)  Dutch (1)  English (63)
As a mom and grandmother the subject of Perfect Match is frightening and disturbing. But I doubt I could ever do what Nina did especially so early in the legal process.

Picoult's novels are full of family drama; and many twists and turns. Perfect Match is no exception. But I sometimes feel that her books are a little too perfect; like a woman wearing too much make-up.

I thought the ending was pat and obvious, and the surprise twist didn't make sense based on the character's behavior for a good part of the book. ( )
  Bookish59 | Jul 24, 2016 |
Not a hugr fan of Jodi Picoult, I find her books quite repetitive (granted, I have only read 4). They always seem to involve some form of child abuse. Perfect Match was an ok read, and while the book's subject breaks my heart, I struggled to identify with any of the characters. ( )
  tashlyn88 | Feb 5, 2016 |
Wow. What a book. I thought it would be rather tedious legal stuff, at the beginning. But was totally gripped by about two chapters into the book. Very well written. ( )
  SueinCyprus | Jan 26, 2016 |
Workaholic, Assistant DA Nina Frost knows first hand the frustrations of trying to get a conviction in a child molestation case. When it is her son at the center of a case, she takes matters into her own hands. In her words, "I did what I had to do". The novel is an examination of what can drive a person to step over the line to protect his/her family and can it be justified. It was filled with the many twists of plot for which Picoult is famous. And though the plot was dark and troubling, it requires the readers to examine their own heart and think about what they would do in the same situation. ( )
  punxsygal | Jan 16, 2016 |
The usual Picoult recipe: take one ethical issue, stir in some humanity, pour into a strong storyline with a few surprise twists for relish, and serve on a side of sentiment. And, as usual, it's much more palatable than it sounds like it will be from that recipe. This time, a mother is incensed when her son is abused, and takes justice into her own hands. Smultzy, but very readable. ( )
  AmberMcWilliams | Nov 5, 2015 |
Een moeder neemt het recht in eigen handen - maar tot welke prijs?
To Jake, The bravest boy I know. Love, Mom
When the monster finally came through the door, he was wearing a mask.
DEEL I

Wanneer we zonder reden worden geslagen, zouden we hard moeten terugslaan, heel hard, om degene die ons geslagen heeft te leren zoiets nooit nóg een keer te doen.

Charlotte Brönte, Jane Eyre
DEEL II

Eens in twijfel staan
Is eens vastbesloten zijn.

Shakespeare, Othello
DEEL III

Onze deugden zijn meestal slecht vermomde ondeugden.

François, Duc de la Rochefoucauld

Assistant district attorney Nina Frost has always prided herself on the fact that she protects the city's children from abuse and crime, but when her own son is sexually abused, she finds herself overcome with rage and sets out to find his attacker and exact justice for her son.

What does it mean to be a good mother?

How far would you go in the name of love -- and justice?

Perfect Match

In the course of her everyday work, career-driven assistant district attorney Nina Frost prosecutes child molesters and works determinedly to ensure that a legal system with too many loopholes keeps these criminals behind bars. But when her own five-year-old son, Nathaniel, is traumatized by a sexual assault, Nina and her husband, Caleb, a quiet and methodical stone mason, are shattered, ripped apart by an enraging sense of helplessness in the face of a futile justice system that Nina knows all too well. In a heartbeat, Nina's absolute truths and convictions are turned upside down, and she hurtles toward a plan to exact her own justice for her son -- no matter the consequence, whatever the sacrifice.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:31 -0400)

District Attorney Nina Frost and her husband, Caleb, face a nightmare when they discover that their young son Nathaniel has been molested, a trauma that has left him mute, terrified, and unable to reveal the identity of his attacker.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,687,010 books! | Top bar: Always visible