Imogene's Antlers by David Small

Imogene's Antlers

by David Small

This trade book was about a little girl named Imogene. Imogene woke up one morning with huge antlers on her head. She didn't care, she embraced having the antlers. Her mother tried to hide them underneath a hat, but it still didn't work. Eventually her antlers went away, but then she grew peacock feathers. I gave this book a four out of five stars because even though her antlers were unusual, she still did not care that she had them. The illustrations looked like they were done with colored pencils. There were not many bright colors until the peacock feathers. I thought the dull look went along with the story because the mother hated her antlers. I would use this book in a classroom if I was talking about self-esteem. Everyone is different, and you should be proud of how you look. ( )
  j.swancutt | Oct 27, 2015 |
Reminds me of a brief version of "I Wish That I Had Duck Feet" by Theo. LeSieg (Dr. Suess). Still a fun humorous read and we always love David Small's illustrations. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
Kentucky Bluegrass Master List 1987, Parents’ Choice Award 1985,
Reading Rainbow Feature Books 1985. Classic children's book.
  CindyMcClain | Jul 15, 2015 |
I liked this book for several reasons. First, I thoroughly enjoyed the plot of the story because I found it to be very humorous. I also enjoyed the plot because it is very suspenseful. When I was reading the story I thought the conflict was solved and that the story was going to end in that regard. However, I was wrong as the author surprised the readers at the end. I also enjoyed the story because the illustrations truly help enhance the humor that the author presented in the story. For example, when Imogene wakes up with antlers her maid jokes about decorating her for Christmas and the illustration shows ornaments on her antlers. Finally, I liked the fact that Imogene accepted her difference despite the fact that she would now stand out from others. The overall message of the story is to accept any differences that you might have. ( )
  mbolle1 | Mar 25, 2015 |
This is about a girl who wakes up with antlers and how she deals with it. This is a good book to read because it can help talk about differences. Grades 1-3. ( )
  JBALE | Dec 9, 2013 |

David Smallprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Imogene CocaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
to A.B., L.D. and little O.
&mdash D.S.
On Thursday, when Imogene woke up, she found she had grown antlers.

Illus. in full color. Imogene awakens one morning to find she has grown antlers.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:58 -0400)

One Thursday Imogene wakes up with a pair of antlers growing out of her head and causes a sensation wherever she goes.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,884,385 books! | Top bar: Always visible