Imogene's Antlers by David Small

Imogene's Antlers

by David Small

I think this is such a cute story. I think that it would be best for 1st grade; because at that age many children have some background on what the story holds; such as animals with antlers and what the distinguishing part of a peacock is. ( )
  rachelpelston | Apr 28, 2016 |
I liked that the plot line kept you guessing. It would be a good book to introduce predictions and guessing what will happen next. We could also discuss conflict and resolution. I also enjoy that this is a very fun and silly book to read to small children. You also could read it as a break when teaching younger children about daily schedule because the book sort of follows Imogene's daily schedule as she tries to live with antlers.
  asukonik | Jan 21, 2016 |
This trade book was about a little girl named Imogene. Imogene woke up one morning with huge antlers on her head. She didn't care, she embraced having the antlers. Her mother tried to hide them underneath a hat, but it still didn't work. Eventually her antlers went away, but then she grew peacock feathers. I gave this book a four out of five stars because even though her antlers were unusual, she still did not care that she had them. The illustrations looked like they were done with colored pencils. There were not many bright colors until the peacock feathers. I thought the dull look went along with the story because the mother hated her antlers. I would use this book in a classroom if I was talking about self-esteem. Everyone is different, and you should be proud of how you look. ( )
  j.swancutt | Oct 27, 2015 |
Reminds me of a brief version of "I Wish That I Had Duck Feet" by Theo. LeSieg (Dr. Suess). Still a fun humorous read and we always love David Small's illustrations. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
Kentucky Bluegrass Master List 1987, Parents’ Choice Award 1985,
Reading Rainbow Feature Books 1985. Classic children's book.
  CindyMcClain | Jul 15, 2015 |

David Smallprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Imogene CocaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
to A.B., L.D. and little O.
&mdash D.S.
On Thursday, when Imogene woke up, she found she had grown antlers.

Illus. in full color. Imogene awakens one morning to find she has grown antlers.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:58 -0400)

One Thursday Imogene wakes up with a pair of antlers growing out of her head and causes a sensation wherever she goes.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,259,868 books! | Top bar: Always visible