Imogene's Antlers by David Small

Imogene's Antlers

by David Small

I liked this book for several reasons. First, I thoroughly enjoyed the plot of the story because I found it to be very humorous. I also enjoyed the plot because it is very suspenseful. When I was reading the story I thought the conflict was solved and that the story was going to end in that regard. However, I was wrong as the author surprised the readers at the end. I also enjoyed the story because the illustrations truly help enhance the humor that the author presented in the story. For example, when Imogene wakes up with antlers her maid jokes about decorating her for Christmas and the illustration shows ornaments on her antlers. Finally, I liked the fact that Imogene accepted her difference despite the fact that she would now stand out from others. The overall message of the story is to accept any differences that you might have. ( )
  mbolle1 | Mar 25, 2015 |
This is about a girl who wakes up with antlers and how she deals with it. This is a good book to read because it can help talk about differences. Grades 1-3. ( )
  JBALE | Dec 9, 2013 |
This book is about a little girl who suddenly wakes up with antlers one day. I would use this book because though it is a children's picture book it is not predictable so it could be used to ask students to foreshadow.I would recomemened this book for grades 1-3.
  kaylakegan | Nov 12, 2013 |
A young girl named Imogene wakes up one morning to discover that she has sprouted antlers out of her head and the rest of the book involves all the funny inconveniences that result from having antlers. I liked this book because the illustrations add so much amusement to the already imaginative story and I would use it in my teaching to grab students attention. Imogene's Antlers is suitable for Grades K-4 and would work very well with themes of the fantastic in books, as well as when teaching how writers and illustrators use humor to engage their readers.
  MadeleinePemberton | Nov 12, 2013 |
This story is about a little girl who wakes up with antlers on her head. I like this story because it is funny for students. The age level for this story is 1-2 grade.
  alyssahagen | Nov 11, 2013 |

David Smallprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Imogene CocaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
to A.B., L.D. and little O.
&mdash D.S.
On Thursday, when Imogene woke up, she found she had grown antlers.

Illus. in full color. Imogene awakens one morning to find she has grown antlers.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:58 -0400)

One Thursday Imogene wakes up with a pair of antlers growing out of her head and causes a sensation wherever she goes.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,869,334 books! | Top bar: Always visible