The Mixed-Up Chameleon by Eric Carle

The Mixed-Up Chameleon (edition 1988)

by Eric Carle, Eric Carle (Illustrator)

Member:Cfmichel
Title:The Mixed-Up Chameleon
Authors:Eric Carle
Other authors:Eric Carle (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (1988), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 40 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Easy, k-3, 1-5, fiction

The Mixed-Up Chameleon by Eric Carle

the chameleon takes attributes of different animals that he has seen because he likes all their attributes. eventually he figures out that he just wants to be himself.
3 book
  TUCC | Sep 16, 2016 |
GR: K
GL: 2.5
DRA: 18
Lexile: AD450L
  Infinityand1 | Aug 3, 2016 |
A chameleon explores colors.
  wichitafriendsschool | Mar 25, 2016 |
Another great book by Eric Carle. These books are great for children of any age because the illustration is so engaging. The colors bring them in and the plot is fantastic too. ( )
  alissanelson | Mar 9, 2016 |
I really liked this book. I always read it as a child. I read this to both of my students at Wolfe Street and they loved it! They loved the bright colors. I think that was the reason that they chose the book initially. Additionally , They liked the way that the book was different. It was not a typical book with pictures on every page and words. I had pages that had tabs at the end according to the animal that the chameleon decided he wanted to be. The color of the picture correlated with the animal. I also like the message. The purpose/ message was to encourage children to enjoy and be proud of who they are. Each child has strengths, and if we try to change ourselves, we will not be able to perform or own our strengths. ( )
  rcarpe4 | Feb 25, 2016 |

The chameleon's life was not very exciting until the day it discovered it could change not only its color but its shape and size,too. When it saw the wonderful animals in the zoo, it immediately wanted to be like them — and ended up like all of them at once — with hilarious results.

The chameleon's life was not very exciting until the day it discovered it could change not only its color but its shape and size,too. When it saw the wonderful animals in the zoo, it immediately wanted to be like them -- and ended up like all of them at once -- with hilarious results.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:49 -0400)

A bored chameleon wishes it could be more like all the other animals it sees, but soon decides it would rather just be itself. Cutouts along the edges of the pages display various animals and colors.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,162,640 books! | Top bar: Always visible