Bit The Jackpot by Erin McCarthy

This action packed humorous vampire romance kept my attention from beginning to end. I liked involvement of characters from previous book and steamy parts were good too. Vampire Seamus is attracted to stripper Cara.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
Erin McCarthy always impresses me with her funny, quirky stories. This is book two. Still funny enough to make me laugh out loud. ( )
  lesmel | Sep 18, 2014 |
*** 2½ stars ***

After reading [b:High Stakes|46481|High Stakes (Vegas Vampires, #1)|Erin McCarthy|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1309197143s/46481.jpg|45600], I had high hopes for this series - that with a little bit better character development, next parts could even sneak into my favorites list. Unfortunately it all went downward in second book.

You all probably remember Seamus Fox from first part. That grumpy guy who is so concerned with propriety? I was looking forward to read more about Seamus. I like it when up uptight characters get loose. Well his personality suddenly had a 180-turn in this book. In fact, it's like we are reading about some other guy...

As for Cara Kim her personality and characteristics are even worse. It feels like [a:Erin McCarthy|7941|Erin McCarthy|http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1282613000p2/7941.jpg] changed them from chapter to chapter. Cara acts in a way that will make the most comic effect in a current situation or would increase tension or whatever writer wanted to use to keep us interested.

Ethan and Alexis , protagonists from first part, are still here but they are so two-dimensional now. Ok, so this book is not about them, but their characters now just seem foolish and usually act stupid.
This also applies to Seamus and Cara.

So... I hope situation gets better in [b:Bled Dry|46486|Bled Dry (Vegas Vampires, #3)|Erin McCarthy|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1170330668s/46486.jpg|45605]... ( )
  bookwormdreams | Apr 10, 2013 |
Fun, lighthearted vampire romance. Very quick read. ( )
  DiamondDog | Mar 29, 2013 |
A cute, quick read if you're a fan of the chick-lit/paranormal-romance genre. Not a lot of depth or serious character development, but a fun indulgence to check out. ( )
  lookitisheef | Jan 27, 2009 |
Seamus Fox was a lot of things.

The USA Today bestselling author of High Stakes returns to Vegas, where falling for a vampire isn't such a long shot.

Politics make strange coffinfellows...

Seamus has had his fill of women: a disastrous and deadly love affair has haunted him for over two centuries. Talk about baggage. But suddenly he finds himself obsessed with a mysterious stripper who dances behind a screen. The sultry yet shy Cara Kim whets his appetite for more, but leave it to Seamus to fall fangs over feet for that rarest of Vegas attractions-a good girl.

After a sudden run-in on the street, though, they may soon have a lot more in common...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:05 -0400)

"Vampire Seamus Fox is supposed to be the campaign manager for a Vampire Nation presidential candidate. Instead, he finds himself running around Vegas keeping tabs on the candidate's wife and female entourage. Seamus has had his fill of women: a disastrous and deadly love affair has haunted him for over two centuries. Talk about baggage. But suddenly he finds himself obsessed with a mysterious stripper who dances behind a screen. The sultry yet shy Cara Kim whets his appetite for more, but leave it to Seamus to fall fangs over feet for that rarest of Vegas attractions -- a good girl."--from publisher description.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,452,201 books! | Top bar: Always visible