dismiss

The Eleventh Plague: A Novel of Medical…

The Eleventh Plague: A Novel of Medical Terror (edition 1998)

by John S. Marr, M. D. (Author)

A mad scientist who imagines himself the wrath of God starts a series of plagues which kill many people. The plagues include swarms of bees, cholera, and ergot, the last causing deadly itching. Epidemiologist Jack Brynne and FBI agent Scott Hubbard join forces to catch the killer.
Member:petrichor8
Title:The Eleventh Plague: A Novel of Medical Terror
Authors:John S. Marr, M. D. (Author)
Info:William Morrow (1998), Edition: 1st, 416 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

The Eleventh Plague by John S. Marr

Although this book provides some interesting information about plagues, epidemics, and emerging diseases, that isn’t nearly enough to overcome a rather silly plot and some groteseque scenes that just scream, “I’m trying so hard to be a medical thriller book!” And there really isn’t anything more to say about it. ( )
  sturlington | Feb 25, 2012 |
The book attempts to be too many things at once and fails at them all. The concept of the book is good and is what drew me to the book: A mentally distrubed person with great scientific knowledge intends to recreate the biblical plagues and a virologist, good guy, is on to him early and wants to stop him. The book is fractured and scattered. I was not empathetic to the characters or particularly outraged by the offences. Instead, I found myself questioning where the book was going only later to discover the items the piqued my curiosity were only distractions. I wish the authors would go back and either cut the unnecessary material and strengthen the story line or fill in the discontinuity in the book to make me appreciate the superfluous context. ( )
  tmbcoughlin | Oct 17, 2010 |
Fabulous medical and political thriller! ( )
  Prop2gether | May 6, 2008 |
Very good story, scary though, what pops into peoples minds. Parts not suitable for a sensitive stomack. ( )
  beezle176 | Oct 12, 2006 |

John S. Marrprimary authorall editionscalculated
Baldwin, Johnmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Morgan, AdamsNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Publisher Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,016,504 books! | Top bar: Always visible