Moments of Love by Barbara Cartland

Moments of Love

by Barbara Cartland

Oh wow.

Sexist and ideal to the very core, half the time I wanted to clobber the heroine (Simonetta) because she was so virginal and unaware of how the real world works that I cannot imagine how she would have acted in her wedding night. Not to mention... all of her sentences... were like... this!

Seriously.

Maybe this was Ms. Cartland's way of differentiating the speakers or maybe that is meant to reflect how coy the protagonist is. Whatever the case, it is intolerable to get through. ( )
  lapiccolina | Jun 23, 2017 |

How long Pierre Valery kissed her she had no idea.

Simonetta knew only that the rapture and ecstasy of it was out of time and might have lasted a few seconds or many centuries.

"I did not know... I never guessed a... kiss could be so wonderful... so perfect!"

"Is that what it was for you?" he asked.

"It was like the... moonlight... like the... light you try to paint... now I understand what it... means to you."

Her voice trembled with the intensity of her feelings, and after a moment he said:

"You have never been kissed before?"

"No... of course... not."

Then he was kissing her again, his lips passionate, insistent, demanding, and she surrendered herself to him so completely that she felt as if her body melted into his....

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,538,147 books! | Top bar: Always visible