Married to a Bedouin by Marguerite van…

Married to a Bedouin

by Marguerite van Geldermalsen

English (5)  German (2)  All (7)
life is full of wonder, surprise, challenges and love. ( )
  Amotisse | May 21, 2014 |
Jordan.

Van Geldermalsen's memoir of meeting a Jordanian Bedouin when she was traveling in her early 20's, marrying him, having children with him, and their life in a cave in Petra. He sold souvenirs; she became a medical assistant.

A matter-of-fact recollection told in a straightforward manner, without a great deal of emotional depth. Still, it's very interesting for its details of daily life as a young New Zealander adapting to living in a very different culture. ( )
  OshoOsho | Mar 30, 2013 |
Although I enjoyed this book I came away feeling a little unsatisfied. The author says herself towards the end that the story she has given us is not the complete one - it is the rose-tinted version. Perhaps though I just wanted it to be another book, one with more background history and social commentary. ( )
  janglen | Oct 8, 2011 |
This was a wonderful book to read following our visit to Petra, Jordan in Nov/09. ( )
  pqos | Nov 28, 2009 |
I met this author (and bought the book) in Petra, Jordan. It's a fascinating story about how a woman from New Zealand met, married and lives with a Bedouin man and his culture. Not to mention she lived in one of the 7 Wonders of the World. I highly recommend this book for people who plan to visit Jordan or the Middle East. ( )
  Bridget770 | Nov 1, 2009 |

Story of a New Zealand born nurse's marriage to, and life with, Mohammad Abdallah Othman, a Bedouin souvenir-seller from the ancient city of Petra in Jordan.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,051,939 books! | Top bar: Always visible