Exile (The Legend of Drizzt) by R. A.…

Exile (The Legend of Drizzt) (original 1990; edition 2006)

by R. A. Salvatore (Author)

Drizzt Do'Urden has been exiled from his country and forced to wander the tunnel-mazes of the Underdark, which are haunted by the evil dark elves.
Member:Falcon124
Title:Exile (The Legend of Drizzt)
Authors:R. A. Salvatore (Author)
Info:Wizards of the Coast (2006), 384 pages

Exile by R. A. Salvatore (1990)

English (20)  Finnish (3)  Spanish (1)  Turkish (1)  All languages (25)
I knew it! A bit predictable, but I still love the character of Drizzt.

Thank god for fresh air! Woohoo!!!! Sojourn, here I come! ( )
  Amelia1989 | Jun 10, 2019 |
Muy buena la lectura del segundo libro sobre el Elfo Oscuro, Drizzt Do'Urden, El Exilio. Han pasado 10 años desde su salida de Menzonberranzan y la novela se centra en las aventuras de Drizzt en la Antipoda Oscura tratando de sobrevivir a su madre Malicia Do'Urden. También podemos leer sobre su lucha interna contra todo lo que los elfos oscuros son y la nueva visión que Drizzt quiere para su vida. Como en La Morada (Homeland) es muy facil de leer y contiene muchos elementos de Calabozos y Dragones (Dungens and Dragons) que me hicieron reir al recordarlos, muy buena la novela. Tal vez sino conoces el mundo de Calabozos y Dragones no sea una novela para ti. ( )
  s3phiroth2006 | Sep 14, 2017 |
The story of friendship is alright, but the writing is not very good. References to the first book are extremely blatant and pull the reader out of the current flow. Constantly referring to the main character, Drizzt, as "the hunter" didn't make sense because the reader rarely see the character outright hunting, instead this is the 'role' that the character would play in a game where there are only so many 'roles' with specific names and actions. This doesn't make sense for a story. Similarly the 'racial abilities' were not described in a way that flowed with the actions but rather as a description from some fantasy encyclopedia.

Okay. ( )
  kparr | Dec 31, 2015 |
The legend of Drizzt continues. I don't want to give anything away except go buy Homeland and then pick up Exile then hang on for a fun ride. ( )
  revslick | Aug 26, 2015 |
Just a few quick words. I'm rereading the series. I wanted something really light. Something I could in bed in the minutes before I fall asleep. Something where it wouldn't matter if I forgot most of what I'd read the night before.

This fits the bill.

I don't know why I have to feel like I need to justify my feelings about these books. I'm not saying they are great books. I think they are pretty solid three star books.

I would say this again, start with the trilogy that was written first, but that comes after these chronologically. I gave a bit on the why with my review in the last book (Homeland) and I'll give a bit more in the next on (Sojourn).

There are plot holes, the written is extremely cliche in spots, there are quite a few typos in the book. But I'm willing to bet that the majority of people who make it to the end of this book start to get attached to the cuddly wuddly lovable dark elf that is Drizzt Do'Urden. ( )
  JohnnyPanic13 | Jan 25, 2014 |

R. A. Salvatoreprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bevine, VictorNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lockwood, ToddCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Diane, with all my love.
The monster lumbered along the quiet corridors of the Underdark, its eight scaly legs occasionally scuffing the stone.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,315,606 books! | Top bar: Always visible