Exile: Part 2 (Forgotten Realms: The Legend…

Exile: Part 2 (Forgotten Realms: The Legend of Drizzt, Book II) (original 1990; edition 2006)

by R.A. Salvatore

Member:trollmoonchild
Title:Exile: Part 2 (Forgotten Realms: The Legend of Drizzt, Book II)
Authors:R.A. Salvatore
Info:Wizards of the Coast (2006), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:***

Exile by R.A. Salvatore (1990)

English (17)  Finnish (2)  Spanish (1)  All languages (20)
Just a few quick words. I'm rereading the series. I wanted something really light. Something I could in bed in the minutes before I fall asleep. Something where it wouldn't matter if I forgot most of what I'd read the night before.

This fits the bill.

I don't know why I have to feel like I need to justify my feelings about these books. I'm not saying they are great books. I think they are pretty solid three star books.

I would say this again, start with the trilogy that was written first, but that comes after these chronologically. I gave a bit on the why with my review in the last book (Homeland) and I'll give a bit more in the next on (Sojourn).

There are plot holes, the written is extremely cliche in spots, there are quite a few typos in the book. But I'm willing to bet that the majority of people who make it to the end of this book start to get attached to the cuddly wuddly lovable dark elf that is Drizzt Do'Urden. ( )
  JohnnyPanic13 | Jan 25, 2014 |
I like the characters but felt this was more a short story with some added fluff to add it to the growing trilogy. ( )
  capiam1234 | Aug 14, 2013 |
  smcamp1234 | Aug 14, 2013 |
Huh, you know, these aren't half-bad. ( )
  morbusiff | May 9, 2013 |
I knew it! A bit predictable, but I still love the character of Drizzt.

Thank god for fresh air! Woohoo!!!! Sojourn, here I come! ( )
  Ameliapei | Apr 18, 2013 |
To Diane, with all my love.
The monster lumbered along the quiet corridors of the Underdark, its eight scaly legs occasionally scuffing the stone.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0880389206, Mass Market Paperback)

Exile

Hostile in ways that a surface-dweller could never know, the tunnel-mazes of the Underdark challenge all who tread there. Among these souls are Drizzt Do'Urden and his magical cat, Guenhwyvar.

Exiled from his drow homeland, Drizzt must fight for a new home in the boundless labyrinth. Meanwhile, he must watch for signs of pursuit -- for the dark elves are not a forgiving race.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:47:48 -0400)

Drizzt Do'Urden and his feline companion, Guenhwyvar, must travel into an endless labyrinth of tunnel mazes and vast chambers.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,443,822 books! | Top bar: Always visible