A Field Guide to Insects: America North of…

A Field Guide to Insects: America North of Mexico (original 1970; edition 1998)

by Donald J. Borror (Author)

Member:Shoals_Marine_Lab
Title:A Field Guide to Insects: America North of Mexico
Authors:Donald J. Borror (Author)
Info:Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (1998), Edition: 2nd ed., 416 pages
Tags:Invertebrates, 2018

Insects (Peterson Field Guides) by Donald J. Borror (1970)

A good reference book, easy to use. ( )
  Devil_llama | Apr 11, 2011 |
Of the three insect books I have, this one is by far the most likely to properly identify a bug, provided I already know roughly what general type bug it is. Ideally for me, one of the other insect guides with lots of pictures would get me close, then this book would pin down an identification.

There seems to me to be a bare minimum of illustrations, nearly all in black and white and they are meant to guide you to what part of the anatomy to check for the identity.

This book is worth having to compliment the more pictoral field guides of insects. ( )
  billsearth | Mar 30, 2010 |
I'd never think to actually review a field manual until this week. I found a random bug in my yard and had a burning desire to identify it before by turtle ate it. I immediatly pulled this book off the shelf and in less than an hour, had it identified (it was a click beetle). While not the friendliest of books (and one I despised back in Entomology), it is useful and is the standard. ( )
  kaelirenee | Jun 21, 2009 |
  MsPibel | Jun 12, 2009 |
A reasonable attempt to cover a huge group of insect families. Obviously limited for those who are trying to identify or "key-out" every critter found in the net. ( )
  Sandydog1 | Jan 6, 2007 |

Donald J. Borrorprimary authorall editionscalculated
White, Richard A.Authormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Find what you're looking for with Peterson Field Guides—their field-tested visual identification system is designed to help you differentiate thousands of unique species accurately every time.

Detailed descriptions of insect orders, families, and many individual species are illustrated with 1,300 drawings and 142 superb color paintings. Illustrations - which use the unique Peterson Identification System to distinguish one insect from another - include size lines to show the actual length of each insect. A helpful glossary explains the technical terms of insect anatomy.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:58 -0400)

Provides illustrations and descriptions of various insect orders, families, and individual species, and includes a glossary of terms related to insect anatomy.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,233,820 books! | Top bar: Always visible