Across Town by Sara

Across Town

by Sara

194537,190 (3.79)None

I have "no words" for this book. (Pause for laughter). But on a serious note, I loved this book. I love how the lack of words kept you want to keep "reading". I want to know what Sara was trying to say by this mysterious man and his new feline friend. It really shows the power of the cat companionship. ( )
  MeganSchneider | Mar 14, 2017 |
I love wordless picture books, but I thought this one was kind of boring. I wanted a twist, but all I got was a cat. ( )
  kradish | Jul 30, 2014 |
This book is so mysterious and simple - I love it! First, the author goes only by the name "Sara". In the back of the book, she writes a short note addressed to four people where she says she was inspired by a "tramp" walking down the street "carrying his cat the way a young mother carries her newborn baby". The illustrations, which are collage, show a lone man walking down the street, then meeting up with his cat, and just continuing on. Since it's open ended and so mysterious, it's a great book to use for discussion or interactive read alouds. ( )
  HannahRevard | Sep 23, 2013 |
What is this man's quest? Why does he go, cloaked, into the dark city? WIth gloomy visuals and a heartwarming end, this wordless narrative will pique the interest of young and veteran readers alike. ( )
  manich01 | Jul 17, 2012 |

A man in a lonely tunnel is befriended by a cat.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,922,688 books! | Top bar: Always visible