Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

Dark Matter

by Blake Crouch

English (287)  Italian (1)  All languages (288)
Good fun. "It's a wonderful life" meets quantum physics. alternate universes ensue. There was a lot of fuss about this book when it came out. I really did enjoy it but I also didn't quite get the superlatives being thrown around about the book. ( )
  viking2917 | Sep 13, 2018 |
Seriously could NOT put this one down. So good! ( )
  ambersnowpants | Aug 23, 2018 |

I picked this up early last year when it seemed to have some buzz behind it, but have only now got round to reading it. It's a rather impressively done multiple time-line story. Our protagonist gave up a potentially brilliant academic career for the sake of his relationship with his partner; fifteen years on, his alter ego from a different fork comes to displace him. The parallel universe science is a bit wobbly, and the writing a bit staccato in places, but the central question is well put, of to what extent each of us is the sum of our own experiences. There is a thrilling denouement where the narrator turns out to be literally his own worst enemy, many times over; I felt it was generally well executed. ( )
1 vote nwhyte | Aug 21, 2018 |
This was absolutely thrilling! Sci-fi isn't really my go to genre and I would have never thought a thriller about quantum physics and alternate reality would be so thrilling and enjoyable. This was a five star read for me and I highly recommend it!
5🌟 ( )
1 vote ChelleBearss | Aug 7, 2018 |
I so enjoyed this book! I could not put it down. I have often wondered about alternative universes going at the same time as the one I am in. This book gave me the chills on some of the ideas. What if? Another friend of mine is listening on audio and is really enjoying it as well. Very good modern Sci Fi. ( )
1 vote shelbycassie | Aug 5, 2018 |

Blake Crouchprimary authorall editionscalculated
Berr, KlausTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I love Thursday nights.

Regrets and what-ifs /
Define a life the same /
As the choices made
(afr8488)

A mind-bending, relentlessly paced science-fiction thriller, in which an ordinary man is kidnapped, knocked unconscious--and awakens in a world inexplicably different from the reality he thought he knew.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Blake Crouch's book Dark Matter was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,993,277 books! | Top bar: Always visible