A One Way Ticket to Dead by D. V. Berkom

A One Way Ticket to Dead

by D. V. Berkom

421,664,912 (5)None
Recently added bybenderca, sherry69, dvberkom

D V Berkom asked me if I wanted to read A One Way Ticket to Dead. I had just finished reading Yucatan Dead and had met Kate while she was tearing through the jungle on a mission. I loved Yucatan Dead, so of course, I jumped all over A One Way Ticket To Dead. I was ecstatic when the package arrived and I opened it. Take a gander at this sweeeeet cover. Blood, guns and money, oh my. :lol:

I must confess that the book stared at me for a few days before I gave in and said OK already. I love holding the pretty book in my hand, turning the paper pages instead of virtual ones. :-)

We are going on another adventure with Kate. If you don’t know her, let me tell you a little bit about her. She had been young and impulsive when she made the biggest mistake of her life. She had been paying for it for ten years and so had anyone who befriended her. She had been kidnapped and chased through the Mexican jungle in Yucatan Dead and I knew it couldn’t be over yet. YAY!

I began reading the series out of order and you can to, but if this is your first DV Berkom novel, you might as well start at the beginning. I love these so much, I am sure I will work my way through them all.

My anticipation and tensions are high. I’m waiting for something to happen, you know, the proverbial shoe to drop.

In A One Way Ticket To Dead, Kate goes back for the stash of money she had stolen from the drug lord. They thought she was dead, she had been cautious, changing her appearance and keeping a low profile. She thought this would be her last trip here and she was happy for it. She’s determined to change her life. It’s time to lay all her cards on the table and hope the truth will win out.

But, she was wrong. She brought doom to all those close to her. Kate was determined to finish this, once and for all, to get Cole’s, her new husband, kids back come hell or high water.

I love the hint of Alaskan shamanism heritage. It adds that extra element that takes a book to a higher level.

Why would she jump from a perfectly good airplane? HALO 21,000 feet High altitude low opening . I am terrified just thinking about and so was she.

A One Way Ticket To Dead is my favorite kind of book. A fast paced adventure of a thrill ride. The suspense builds from page one, when I found her back in Mexico, and never let up. The sex and romance is light and the action heavy. Perfect.

DV Berkom knows how to create tension and suspense in a simple yet masterful way. Her writing flows smoothly and the pacing kept me turning the pages, unable to put the book down.

I’m wondering where HE is – Quinn. I feel sure he will make another appearance and I can hardly wait to see him again.

The fortune teller told her – Danger surrounds you. Be certain of your enemies even more so of your friends. You will soon have reason to fear. ( )
  sherry69 | Jan 25, 2016 |

1 vote sherry69 | Nov 20, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 149737765X, Paperback)

Digging up the past can be deadly...

After years of running from her ex--a vicious Mexican drug lord--and his subsequent death, Kate Jones is ready to bury the past and try to piece together a new normal. But first, there's a loose end to tie and it involves digging up old ghosts that are best left alone.

Unaware her actions have attracted the notice of a powerful enemy, Kate is plunged into a deadly fight for survival, as both her life and the lives of the children of a man she once loved hang in the balance. And, with the possibility of an informant inside the DEA, she doesn't know who she can trust.

From the emerald green shores of Seattle to the lush Yucatan jungle and unforgiving Sonoran desert, Kate Jones must once again face her past...and hope she survives.

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 10 Feb 2016 03:14:41 -0500)

D. V. Berkom is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,824,595 books! | Top bar: Always visible