Call Me, Maybe by Ellie Cahill

Call Me, Maybe

by Ellie Cahill

411,664,912 (4)None
Recently added byKassiah, flipper_ace, beckymmoe
ARC (1) fiction (1) romance (1)

An absolutely adorable book!

Clementine and Justin (a romance reader/book blogger and a journalist) are the perfect word-geeky couple; words cannot express how much I loved their big words seduction scene.

he falling-in-love-via-text-and-phone call bit was very cute; certain parts of it felt as if they were a little rushed, but overall I really liked the way they started to fall for each other long distance. Justin sent her some early multiple choice questions (Getting to know Clementine, part 1...) that were just too funny.

The fact that Clementine could have been my reading twin didn't hurt matters at all either...every time she fangirled about books or reading it was as if she had hijacked my own thoughts and feelings on the subject ;) (I have to admit, though, I kinda hate her a little bit. She's got a trust fund and can spend all day, every day reading if she wants to...she's an unpaid volunteer at the library...I get her stress over not finding a purpose like her family wants her to, but the job that eventually falls in her lap? So. Not. Fair. I know, I know...jealousy of a fictional character is pointless. Whatever.)

Anyway.

When they finally did get together it was all adorableness--until the fact that Clem wasn't 100% honest reared its ugly head. Justin's reaction was slightly over-the-top--though he did have a reason for it, it still seemed a bit much (though so did Clem's paranoia. Not that she didn't have good reason for that too, but still...those two factors are the main reason for docking a star from the rating). Clem's big idea for getting him back seemed risky in the extreme, but it worked out in a fairly believable way, which was a huge sigh of relief.

And then we were back to the adorkableness. :)

Call Me, Maybe was my first book from this author, but it won't be my last!

Rating: 4 stars / A-

I received a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  beckymmoe | Feb 8, 2016 |

"Ellie Cahill is definitely one to watch!" raves bestselling author Cora Carmack, and this steamy, upbeat modern romance about connecting in all the best ways proves it once again. Clementine Daly knows she's the black sheep. Her wealthy, powerful family has watched her very closely since she almost got caught in an embarrassing scandal a few years ago. So when Clementine's sent on a mission to live up to the Daly name, politely declining isn't an option. Of course, the last thing she does before boarding the plane is to grab a stranger's phone by mistake--leaving the hunky journalist with her phone. Soon his sexy voice is on the line, but he doesn't know her real name, or her famous pedigree--which is just the way Clementine likes it. Despite all the hassles, Justin Mueller is intrigued to realize that the beautiful brown-eyed girl he met at the airport is suddenly at his fingertips. They agree to exchange phones when they're both back in town, but after a week of flirty texts and wonderfully intimate conversations, Justin doesn't want to let her go. The only problem? It turns out that Clemetine has been lying to him about, well, everything. Except for the one thing two people can't fake, the only thing that matters: The heat between them is for real. Praise for Ellie Cahill's When Joss Met Matt "Hands down, one of my favorite New Adult reads."--New York Times bestselling author Cora Carmack "This is one of those books that make you forget everything around you. Prepare to be consumed by this story."--New York Times bestselling author Sophie Jordan "Fun, sexy, and full of amazing chemistry, When Joss Met Matt is an entertaining escape that will leave you smiling with every turn of the page."--Cassie Mae, author of No Interest in Love Includes a special message from the editor, as well as an excerpt from another Loveswept title.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,822,282 books! | Top bar: Always visible