Death At First Sight by Lena Gregory

Death At First Sight

by Lena Gregory

182561,019 (4)None

In Death At First Sight, the first book in the Bay Island Psychic Mystery series, author Lena Gregory weaves an intriguing cozy mystery tale that follows the amateur sleuth adventures of psychic Cass Donovan when she finds herself a suspect in the death of local resident Marge Hawkins.

Set in the quaint Long Island coastal town of Bay Island, Cass is the owner of Mystical Musings, a psychic shop in her hometown. She has provided the local residents with many psychic readings, but after a disturbing reading for Ellie Callahan leaves Cass with a dark feeling, she is publicly confronted by Ellie's mother Marge Hawkins, who tells Cass to leave her daughter alone. And to make matters worse, Cass stumbles upon Marge's dead body in the local theater the next morning, and is arrested on the suspicion of murder. Using her psychic abilities and with the help of best friends Stephanie and Bee, Cass is determined to find the real killer and clear her name.

Death At First Sight is a captivating and fast-paced whodunit tale that has enough quirky characters, witty banter and humor, drama, danger, and intriguing twists and turns that will keep you guessing the identity of the murderer. You can't help but get caught up in the drama and calamity that ensues as Cass uses her psychic instincts to solve the murder and clear her name. Cass' amateur investigative adventure unfolds with a wonderful balance of comedy, drama, and suspense that easily kept me guessing, and left me wanting more. I would be remiss if I didn't mention how much I enjoyed the rich description of the quaint coastal Long Island setting of Bay Island, there is nothing like being transported away to a beach setting that invites you sink your feet in the sand and surf.

Death At First Sight is an entertaining cozy murder mystery that will easily engage you to join Cass in her latest psychic mystery adventures!

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author / publisher via NetGalley in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by Great Escapes Virtual Book Tours.

http://jerseygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com/2016/11/death-at-first-sight-by-lena-g... ( )
  JerseyGirlBookReview | Nov 11, 2016 |
I'm not much into physic readings and fortune telling, but this book really piqued my interest. I'm glad I read it because it has so many great characters and just enough intrigue to keep me on the edge of my seat. The setting was quaint and the author made me want to live there. The mystery is well written and keeps readers guessing till the end.

Cass is a sweet, kind and perhaps a bit on the mystical side. She loves to give readings to people and the tourists love to visit her shop. After being gone from the town for years, she has had a bit of adjustment to make. The author gives Cass two amazing friends that make the story fun to read. Stephanie is married to a police officer named Tank. Bee is by far the best character in the book. He is sassy, loveable and supportive . The three make a great team and their trust for each other will soon be tested.

When Cass gives a reading to someone from town, it is not a happy event. It seems that Cass has given bad news to the poor unsuspecting Ellie. Ellie is devastated by the reading and is shattered by the news. From this point of the story, the action really picks up. Who is found dead ? Why is Cass immediately pointed out as the prime suspect? Cass and her friends set off to find the real killer and get themselves into trouble. I loved the way the author introduced several characters that could be the killer. There are some funny moments in the story and oh my did I love the dog Cass inherited. He is called Beast and lives up to his name. Can Cass prove her innocence?

Death At First Sight is a great beginning to a continuing series of A Bay Island Psychic Mystery. Cass and her sidekicks are in for danger, intrigue and surprises along the way. Be sure you pick up a copy and get to know the people of Bay Island.

I received a complimentary copy of the book from The Great Escapes Book Tour. The review is my own opinion and I was not compensated for it. ( )
  Harley0326 | Nov 6, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425282740, Mass Market Paperback)

FIRST IN A VISIONARY NEW MYSTERY SERIES.

It doesn’t take a crystal ball to see that something’s not right on Bay Island...

Since she left her psychiatric practice in New York City to open up a psychic shop in her hometown on Long Island, Cass Donovan has given her fair share of readings to conflicted customers. But what she sees in Ellie Hawkins’ future doesn’t bode well.

When Ellie’s mother Marge publicly confronts Cass about the reading, the embarrassment makes her want to curl up and die. But when she later stumbles across Marge’s body—and is arrested for her murder—Cass is suddenly the star of Bay Island’s rumor mill.

Out on bail, Cass is determined to prove her innocence and save Ellie from meeting the fate in her unfortunate vision. But even with the help of her friends Bee and Stephanie, Cass will have to channel some serious sleuthing instinct to find the real killer...

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 09 Feb 2016 01:32:41 -0500)

"Since she left her psychiatric practice in New York City to open up a psychic shop in her hometown on Bay Island, Cass Donovan has given her fair share of readings to conflicted customers. But what she sees in Ellie Callahan's future doesn't bode well. When Ellie's mother Marge publicly confronts Cass about the reading, the embarrassment makes her want to curl up and die. And when she later stumbles across Marge's body--and is a suspect in her murder--Cass is suddenly the star of Bay Island's rumor mill"--Amazon.com.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,431,958 books! | Top bar: Always visible