We Wish You A Murderous Christmas by Vicki…

We Wish You A Murderous Christmas

by Vicki Delany

Rest Ye Murdered Gentlemen, the first book in the Year Round Christmas Mysteries, was one of my favourite books of 2016. It was full of Christmas cheer and the mystery was superb. I was looking forward to reading the second offering in this series, and I was thrilled to discover, the second mystery, We Wish You a Murderous Christmas, was even better than the first.

Since I took my first step, between the pages, into Rudolph, I've been smitten with this town and it's year round Christmas cheer. I love seeing how they embrace the holiday year-round, and what the town folk are up to. In this second mystery, it seems that the Yuletide Inn might be sold to a big hotel chain, and that's not very merry at all! When the owner's son is killed, Merry and her family and friends, have their hands full trying to find the killer.

I like Merry. She is thoughtful and deliberate about her detecting. While she does run headlong into situations, you know she has a reason to do so. It doesn't hurt that she has an adorable pooch on her side. I'm a sucker for four-legged friends in mysteries, and Merry's Saint Bernard pup, Matterhorn, certainly will steal readers hearts! He's right along side her ready to nose out a sleuth!!

The mystery itself was a tangled web, and I enjoyed watching it unravel. Vicki Delany had me on the edge of my seat, until the very last page!

I simply can't get enough of Rudolph and it's residents. I read We Wish You a Murderous Christmas over the 2016 Christmas holidays, and it was the perfect seasonal read. Having said that, I think readers will delight in reading this series anytime of the year. I can't wait for the next book in the series! ( )
  StAliaoftheKnife | Mar 9, 2017 |
Please note: This is the second in the Year-Round Christmas Mystery series and if you haven't read the first one do not start reading "We Wish You a Murderous Christmas" until AFTER you have read the first book. That being said, I did not and there are references to the first book that I didn't understand but it didn't stop me from enjoying this book.

Grace and Jack Olsen own the Yuletide Inn, in Rudolph, New York - a town of year-round Christmas with it's very own Santa, Merry Wilkinson's dad. While at dinner with the Wikinson's Jack has a serious heart attack and his son, from his first wife and who has lived in California; has come back to "help". But he is as odious a man as he was boy. Soon he's found dead - and with plenty of suspects, including Merry's dad!

Who did it completely surprised me, even though Ms. Delany gave us plenty of clues. A must read if you like Christmas, if you love cozy mysteries and if you like a bit of a surprise endings.

mmoj | Mar 2, 2017 |
Another fun title in a series set in Rudolph NY, which has made itself a tourist destination by becoming a year round Christmas town. It's actually December and as Christmas nears, a local innkeeper suffers a serious heart attack so his son arrives in town to assist his mother-in-law with the family business. Gord is quickly followed by businessmen hoping to capitalize on the change in power and franchise the beautiful inn. One guess who ends up dead! Merry's a great character and her family rallies round as her father (Rudolph's very own Santa) is a suspect in the death. I was definitely surprised at the outcome this time and will gladly read another of these holiday themed stories. ( )
  ethel55 | Dec 28, 2016 |
We Wish You A Murderous Christmas is the second book in A Year Round Christmas Mystery series.

Christmas is quickly approaching and Merry is planning a nice quiet meal with her folks and Jack and Grace Olsen, owners of the inn. The Olsen’s have hired a top class chef, Mark Grosse, and the restaurant has been booked solid most evenings. As everyone is enjoying the dinner and conversation, Jack experiences a heart attack and is rushed to the hospital. Jack’s son, Gord, from a previous marriage, and his wife arrive with plans to take over running the inn. Th first thing he does is tell Vicky, owner of Victoria’s Bake Shop, that if she is not willing to lower her prices, she’s out. Then they find out that he is negotiating with a chain of discount motel/hotels and most everyone is up in arms. A couple days later, after having another meal at the inn, Merry, her mother and Russ, editor of the Rudolph Gazette, go for walk in the inn’s garden and come across the lifeless body of Gord.

Merry, with the help of Russ, begin their own investigation into the murder, as Merry’s father and Vicky are high on the list of possible suspects. But without a doubt, with Gord’s plans for the inn, there is no shortage of suspects for them to investigate.

Once again, Ms. Delany weaves a wonderful mystery and also includes a wonderful and believable cast of characters.

Looking forward to reading of more adventures from Rudolph, NY. ( )
  FredYoder | Nov 7, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425280810, Mass Market Paperback)

A grinch is spoiling the holiday cheer and causing fear in the latest from the author of Rest Ye Murdered Gentlemen...

It’s Christmastime three hundred sixty-five days a year in Rudolph, New York, and as Christmas Day approaches, shop owner Merry Wilkinson is enjoying a rare evening off at the Yuletide Inn when she runs into owners Grace and Jack Olsen. With Jack's health failing, Merry is relieved to hear that his son Gord will be taking over the day-to-day running of the Inn.

But then Gord reveals that his new plans have no room for Christmas at the Inn, and Merry and the other shopkeepers start to fret about the effect a bland franchise hotel could have on their livelihoods.

When Gord is found stabbed to death, there’s an entire town of potential suspects—and it’s up to Merry to find whoever brought homicide home for the holidays...

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 09 Feb 2016 04:59:50 -0500)

"It's Christmastime three hundred sixty-five days a year in Rudolph, New York, and as Christmas Day approaches, shop owner Merry Wilkinson is enjoying a rare evening off at the Yuletide Inn when she runs into owners Grace and Jack Olsen. With Jack's health failing, Merry is relieved to hear that his son Gord will be taking over the day-to-day running of the Inn ... When Gord is found stabbed to death, there's an entire town of potential suspects--and it's up to Merry to find whoever brought homicide home for the holidays"--Amazon.com.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,420,198 books! | Top bar: Always visible