Lady Admired (Tenacious Trents) (Volume 10)…

Lady Admired (Tenacious Trents) (Volume 10)

by Jane Charles

522,141,756 (4.75)None
The one thing Rose Trent, Dowager Countess of Bentley, ever wanted was freedom. Now it's within her grasp. Or it was, until she was kidnapped on the very first holiday she'd ever taken. What should have been traumatic has turned into the most adventurous time in her life, aided by a most unlikely Scot. Unfortunately, she only has a fortnight to thoroughly enjoy herself before her stepson shows up to pay the ransom.Laird Aiden MacGregor usually thinks through everything before taking action. Order is necessary to the running of a successful business and home. But, one simple rash action throws everything into disorder. He hadn't been the one to kidnap the delightful and beautiful Lady Bentley, but he'd be the one to pay the price. As such, he decides to spend the last days on Earth making everything right with his family, securing their future, and spending every moment he can with Rose before he swings from the gallows. With a word from her, or perhaps promise, his neck might be saved, but at what cost and is Rose willing to save him?… (more)

I love me some Tenacious Trents. They are a family in every way that matters. Whether by blood, marriage or friendship they are in it for the long hall. I am a new recruit to this series. Have read a few stories in the past and Rose Trent peaked my curiosity. She exhibits class, poise and a gentle but firm hand with her family but also exudes a hint of sadness. Wondering about her story is what drew me to Lady Admired. Jane Charles takes her readers on a tale of exciting adventure that blossoms into the most beautiful love affair ever written. Seemed like I waited forever to get to know this amazing character and her actions in this read had me loving her even more. How would I describe Rose and Aiden? A match made in heaven. ( )
  Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |
Kidnapped – is it a burden or a blessing? That is what Rose Trent, Dowager Countess of Bentley, wonders to herself as she settles in as a “guest” at Laird Aiden MacGregor’s home.

Rose has had a rough childhood and marriage and is finally tasting a bit of freedom while on vacation with a friend when she is abducted and carried away. Despite her timid past she begins to assert herself when she realizes that the kidnapper who holds her is not as dangerous as she first supposed. As she meets the many children in the care of her abductor she realizes she has much to offer and to learn from those she finds herself amongst.

Aiden is a widow with the responsibility of his four children plus those of his two deceased brothers. His sometimes gruff demeanor hides a soft hearted man who truly cares for those he feels responsible for. He is attracted to Rose from the first and wishes they had met under different circumstances.

Rose has never had the true love or comfort that a wife should have and is clueless at times about many things. I had to laugh at one point when she wondered if the first stirrings of lust within her body were an illness as they had never been experienced by her before. Aiden’s warmth, compassion, gentle touch and patience proved rewarding to both of them eventually.

This was a delightful book of love, personal growth, caring, sharing and family. With so many wonderful unmarried characters in this book I have a feeling a new series is bound to appear.

This is the first book I have read by this author and hopefully it will not be the last. I would like to thank NetGalley and Night Shift Publishing for the copy of this book to read and review. ( )
  CathyGeha | Feb 9, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,752,511 books! | Top bar: Always visible