unvamped by Elizabeth Stevens
91950,433 (3.5)None

This is the first book that I’ve signed-up for the R2R program in one of my Goodreads group. The cover and synopsis caught my attention because I loved vampire novels. But! I never thought this would disappoint me.

The story revolves around three characters – a vampire, a werewolf and a witch. It all started when Charles drank the blood of a young witch named Ellie who in returns, cursed him. Waking up the other day, Charles found himself changed back as a human again. Now, he must find a way to break the curse.

This book was told from 3 different POV’s. Instead of making the story much well better because three of the main characters will told the story, it only makes it worst. Why? The reason is that the scenes I’ve read in Charlie’s POV were just the same with the other two characters. Meaning, it was being repetitive.

The characters are not also well-written. I had a hard time connecting and understanding them. Even if the friendship starting to build between the three of them is kind of interesting, I just can’t let the way it was written slipped. Imagine reading a good book but it wasn’t written well, it’s irritating right?

Overall, I don’t like this book. This is definitely not for me. This book needs to be rewritten and I hope when it was done, it is much better. I believed that this book has a lot of potential since the synopsis is interesting enough for me, what more if the writing will also be great?

Disclaimer: I received a reader copy from the author via YA Buddy Reader’s Corner. ( )
  BookHuntressWorld | Jul 18, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,243,052 books! | Top bar: Always visible