Stranger by Heather C. Myers

by Heather C. Myers

Series: Stranger (1)

312,001,085 (3)None

3.5*
Opinião em português: http://pepitamagica.blogspot.pt/2015/12/livro-stranger-de-heather-c-myers.html

The first thing that crossed my mind when I started reading this book was “wow, this sound like X-men”.

Welcome to AckPec, the Academy for Peculiars. Sophie is a physical, a peculiar with huge physical force, and the book stars with her meeting Will and Ethan in the exact moment she thinks she’s killing a man.

Sophie doesn’t have anyone in the world and she’s a freak, until she’s called to the Academy. The school dean, Ethan, is a peculiar, like everyone else in the Academy (except the football coach), and he’s a man that everyone likes – even though I believe there’s more to him than meets the eye (of course that that is normal, considering he’s over 700 years old). I’m hoping that his past will be explored and developed in the next books.

There’s a lot of young romance that tries to behave like “adult” love (the author shows girls behaving and acting like young teenagers most of the time, and them they this huge, strong love for someone who is their-…well, someone they shouldn’t fall in love with). I really liked professor Depogare, although I believe that, sometimes, the character is very coherent.

Calvin, a newly come to the Academy, is the most annoying and irritating person ever, and I get why Jane, a girl who is training her powers (she’s an mental, someone who can red thoughts) with him, gets to the point that she’s willing to drain all her energy just to make him shut up.

Jane and Ella are Sophie’s roommates and they’re the ones who’ll help Sophie to become a real student of the Academy. I really liked their friendship and the evolution of their relationship, but I do think that maybe it all happened a bit too fast.

I liked exploring the powers that character had, and I liked knowing them as human beings and not only someone who can/does A, B or C.
A light and pleasant story that hold my attention enough to make me want to read the next book. ( )
  Joana_v_v | Feb 9, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,026,745 books! | Top bar: Always visible