Lost in the Ley Lines: A Scottish Time…

Lost in the Ley Lines: A Scottish Time Travel Romance (The Ley Lines #2)

by Kate Carson

113,689,591 (4)1
Recently added byJoana_v_v
ebook (1) English (1) meus (1)

Opiniaão em portugeuês em: http://pepitamagica.blogspot.pt/2015/05/livro-lost-in-ley-lines-de-kate-carson.h...

I want to start by saying…what ending was that??? If it this one was the last book I would be very sad!!! But, and it’s a big BUT, since there’s going to be a third book (and according to the author the waiting won’t be very long – just a few weeks!) I’m going to wait for my happy ending – and if there isn’t one, I’m going to be very sad.

Going back to the review and now more seriously: this is the second book of the series “Ley Lines” and the minute I received I devoured it.

I really like that the author gives a touch of “Scottish writing”, I mean, the way in which it is written tries to show that it’s a Scottish man/woman talking (and you can hear their accent in your mind). However, I think that sometimes it’s a bite forced or maybe I’m just not used to it, because there are passages in the book that are a bit harder to read.

In this book, we met again with Millie, Cian, Isabel and other characters from the XIV century and go right to point in which we had stayed in the last book: waiting for the men to come back from battle. I guess I like Millie: I don’t think I would be able to be quiet and still waiting for the men that were fighting.

In the first book, we know that Millie went back in time because she had to change the faith of two Scottish clans. The question with which we started this book is: did she make it? I suspected she had done it, because there were people going to war that hadn’t gone before, deciding to go because of Millie (and for Millie).

Cian and Millie…they are such a cute and adorable couple! And Cian, even though he fits perfectly in his historical time, he’s different, he doesn’t want to fight. He a peacemaker, he just wanted to take care of his family and his home and his cattle.

This book has a little more violence – and it concerns a very important topic: domestic violence. I liked that the author showed the two sides (those who pay attention and act on it and those who just looked away) because, let’s face it: if it didn’t show that people avoided paying attention to what appended (in this case to a woman) – and still do!- especially in the historical time in which this story happens, I would have said that it didn’t showed the reality.

I really liked that in this book Isabel showed a braver side of herself, acting and not just being the obedient daughter that people wanted her to be.
Abraham is great character, although he doesn’t participate very much in the books. It was this man who took Millie to the XIV century, and he’s the one that helps and protects her. I’m just going to say that we have very sweet moments between this gentleman and Millie in this second book.

Just to finish up, it’s a quick and small book that I wished it was bigger, and that left me with tears in my eyes at certain moments.

I’m anxiously waiting for the next one! ( )
  Joana_v_v | Feb 9, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,420,405 books! | Top bar: Always visible