Tiger in a Cage by Allie Cresswell

Tiger in a Cage

by Allie Cresswell

212,551,640 (5)None
Recently added byVanessaCW, Alliescribbler

Wouldn't it be nice to get on with your neighbours?

This is what I would call a slice-of-life story. It's set on a very small housing development where everyone lives in one another's pockets and there lies the moral! One of the residents, Molly, is the narrator who is quite a lonely woman. She is a bit of an interfering busy body but, really, only has other people's best interests at heart. She is building up her own personal dream world, but all is not what it seems and she soon becomes aware of what lies beneath all that camaraderie. Each neighbour has their own 'tiger in a cage', even Molly has her secret.

This is a beautifully written tale. The author has a certain style of writing which some would say is a little flowery at times. It does hark back to an earlier era but I liked it. There isn't much of a plot as such, just a gradual build up of tension and understanding - a realisation of just what is going on in a person's own back yard. The characters are realistically portrayed and very believable. I'm sure we all have similar individuals living in our own streets. The author has made great use of her fantastic observational skills.

An engaging and absorbing story which I very much enjoyed and can highly recommend. A word of warning, though, remember it is wise to keep yourself to yourself! :-)

Reviewed for TBC on Facebook. ( )
  VanessaCW | Jan 17, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,642,334 books! | Top bar: Always visible