FREE SHORT STORY: Bringing Stan In by Julia…

FREE SHORT STORY: Bringing Stan In

by Julia Rochester

113,689,591 (3)None
Recently added byAReneeHunt

No tags.

Here's another short audiobook with a marvelous accent! Narrated by Avita Jay, Bringing Stan In, by Julia Rochester is about a day unlike any other.

Told from the Devon Coast of England, eight-year olds, Morwenna and Corwin are watching the ships arrive in the harbor. On this particular day, someone dies and it has an affect on the twins.

I believe the setting of the sun and a mackerel run lead them to the death of a community member. One who inspired Morwenna the future of boat building. But when he's found dead, her dreams and desires change.
It's sort of a sad tale, but it's not long enough for you to feel the loss. It's a short, short story.

The tale is very descriptive and is narrated beautifully, but to me, pointless. Thankfully, it was written to compliment another story, a novel: The House at the Edge of the World. Maybe that story is set from this one... I guess I'll have to find out!. Until then, I'm on to the next book!

*audiobook from my personal library.
http://tinyurl.com/ho2v443 ( )
  AReneeHunt | Feb 10, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,236,126 books! | Top bar: Always visible