Not the Norm by Becca J. Campbell

Not the Norm

by Becca J. Campbell

711,138,814 (3)None

The world in Not the Norm is an interesting take on the future. Humans are genetically enhanced and they are the only acceptable “species” in society. All others are exterminated. I thought this was cool, especially with the various abilities that a person can have. The reader is introduced to a few in this first Sub-Normal Story. One particular one was amusing for me to imagine, but I won’t spoil the fun of that one.

Overall, I found there to be great potential for an exciting series to come from Campbell. The characters have interested me, the story-line has me wanting to know more about the society and how it all works. I look forward to reading the next installment to see where it leads.

I feel, though, that the some parts fell a little short to my liking. There was a good battle scene, but I could have used a little more description to visualize the excitement better. I also found Eden’s role in the battle is a little unrealistic due to her lack of experience with her abilities. Despite this, I still enjoyed the story.

Unmakes Alloy, the second installment in the series will make its way to my wishlist. ( )
  Robert.Zimmermann | Oct 7, 2013 |

Becca J. Campbell is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,885,256 books! | Top bar: Always visible