Bee Balms & Burgundy by Nelson Pahl

by Nelson Pahl

1None3,689,591NoneNone
Recently added byBooklover889

Laura West dubs Nelson Pahl as
“America's Next Great Writer”. She goes on to say "Every once in a while a writer comes along that demands we take notice; one that avails just the right meter, tempo, and rhythm; one that can engulf us in a story and keep us glued throughout 200 pages; one that offers a style sure to be emulated by his aspiring peers, both of his generation and generations to come. Nelson Pahl is just that writer.”

After reading Bee Balms & Burgundy, I agree. This author has a gift for expressing profound emotion through the written word. Here’s a little summary of book:

"Nick May is a successful entrepreneur now living in Vancouver. At 32, he's lost patience with live-in girlfriend Sonja. Upon a late summer visit to his hometown of St. Paul, he reacquaints with childhood neighbor and lifelong friend Mia. Unbeknownst to Nick, Mia has suffered a life-threatening and eye-opening setback. She also harbors a powerful secret—one that will change Nick forever."

Midway through, reading became almost impossible as my tears stained the pages. There was no way I could stop reading – too many questions needed answers. Readers will not be disappointed as the story is brimming with emotion.

For a sample chapter, go to http://j-kaye-book-blog.blogspot.com/

Note: All reviews posted here are followed by a book raffle at http://j-kaye-book-blog.blogspot.com/. ( )
  judithkaye | Jun 4, 2008 |

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,336,739 books! | Top bar: Always visible