The Makings of a Fatherless Child by…

The Makings of a Fatherless Child

by Chandler Alexander

521,436,638 (3.83)None

Sigh, well I got this book months ago, which is an indication how bad this book is going to be. It's a long repetitive story, which gives the reader no interest in keeping involved. The language was gratuitous, and the sex scenes were the best written parts of the story. My suggestion is to tone down the story to appeal to a wider audience. ( )
  kristincedar | Apr 28, 2016 |
What a fabulous gritty tale of growing up in the Delta. It was heartbreaking at times, but I also found a lot of inspiration from it.

It's a different book for sure, I've not quite read a book like this one before. But I but found myself so engrossed in the author's story that I couldn't put it down. I hope to read more by this inspiring author.

I would like to thank you House of Cotton Publishing and NetGalley for providing me an e-galley of this book for my honest review. ( )
  sj1335 | Apr 26, 2016 |

Chandler Alexander's The Makings of a Fatherless Child is a dark and riveting tale of a young boy, Amel River, growing of age in the Mississippi Delta all while trying to survive a broken home, poverty, fatherlessness, and a voice in his head that won't go away. With the wisdom of a drunken stranger King Lee, the unspoken love of his best friend Sea’Sea, and the innocent eyes of his two-year-old nephew Javion, Amel embarks on an unknown journey of truth, understanding, and forgiveness, hoping that his journey will lead him to experience his ultimate definition of freedom, a life worth living.

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 10 Feb 2016 21:39:00 -0500)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Chandler Alexander's book The Makings of a Fatherless Child was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Chandler Alexander is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,326,640 books! | Top bar: Always visible